Hi, thank you for this answer. To follow-up: how do we grow in confidence? What are the habits, attitudes, experiences, etc. that enable us to be fully confident followers of Jesus?
Ask Dr. Daniel Thejus (Bobby) (February 12-16, 2018)
First, to become a fully confident follower of Jesus I think we need the Holy Spirit.
Second, along with the Holy Spirit, we need to be mindful of two things,
A. The responsibility of the Church to her followers.
B. The individual’s responsibility as a Christian.
- To provide sufficient support structures for (new) believers - this enables them to know that there is a group of people who have their best interests in mind.
- To ensure that we use people as ends and not as a means - this enables them to know that we are interested in them regardless of the outcomes.
- To have sustained spiritual nourishment through prayer
- To become biblically literate people
- To remove all unfreedoms (things that come in the way of our relationship with Jesus) eventually.
I hope this is helpful, Carson.
Dr. Thejus, thank you for being available to us this week and for sharing excellent answers! Your kindness and insight are greatly respected and appreciated!