How do you fight sin as a Christian

Say hello …hi there

Where are you from? Harare ,Zimbabwe

What led you to join Connect? I have been a born again for a long time now lm 21 years old and filled with the holy spirit as recent as this year but the struggle with sin brought me here and the need to activate the real me ,interms of my calling l feel l can’t waste any time longer need to effectively serve Christ

How do you hope to contribute? Willing to learn and also be empowered myself for the calling (feeding the flock of christ)

7 Likes

Welcome to Connect @Emmanuel!

1 Like

Welcome, @Emmanuel. God bless you. I want to encourage you brother, God thru His love for you sent His Son (Jesus) to redeem you. This was all the work of the Father on your behalf. He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it. The best way I know how to fight sin is to NOT fight sin!! Instead focus on the Savior and continue to grow in you’re knowledge of Him and His Complete love for you. The Faith that God has given you is meant it to be practiced towards Him. What I mean by this is to believe that He will change what you want to do and then give you the will to actually do it. " For it is God who works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure" Philippians 2:13 read the Bible, pray with your brothers and sisters in Christ, and fellowship as much as you can. I hope this helps you. Rod Page

4 Likes

Welcome Emmanuel, it is a blessing to meet you. There are many tools to dimantle sin that binds and ties, but one that has helped me was this.

Revelation 12:11 NKJV
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.

We are overcomes and fight not for victory but from victory. We are victorious because He was victorious. God with us, prayers and peace as we grow together.
Mike

3 Likes

Dear Emmanuel, I understand your struggle and desire to be free from sin. I will pray for you to have strength in the Spirit and faith to believe what is written:

“For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death” (Romans 8:2)

“My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One” (1 John 2:1).

“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)

And this said by Paul to reassure us: “But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.” (Galatians‬ ‭5:16‬)

I believe that with prayer, the desire to do good works for others, and reading the scriptures and looking to God the Father, will increase our love for Him and with time the temptations become easier to resist. My prayers are with you brother as you live your life for Him and seek to glorify Him in your life. :relieved::heart:

Your sister in Christ,
Carrie

2 Likes

I agree with your response. When I embraced fully that the God of all creation loves me beyond comprehension I just want to honor him and love him. 2nd, I am no longer sin conscious, but righteousness conscious. II Cor 5:17, 5:19 & 5:21: “Therefore if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come. The old has gone, the new is here.” “…not counting peoples sins against them.” “God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”
As believers we are made new in Christ. Our sins are continually being washed away by the blood of our savior, and God declares us righteous because of the sacrifice of our savior. I also rest in Romans 8:1: “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus…” I rest in these verses that give much peace, joy & security. When temptation comes I declare I am righteous in my Father’s eyes. If some sort of sensual thoughts come I thank God for my loving, godly wife. Boom, thoughts vanish. If I need strength I say, “God, I can’t but you can empower me through,” and he does! Further, I know it is not me, it is all about the finished work of Jesus working in me.
We are involved in several prison ministries, and we are seeing God work powerfully in us and through us to change many lives. We love and praise our Lord every day for his incredible love & grace. Through him we are reigning in life.

3 Likes

That was helpful

1 Like

Thank you so much , l really needed this

1 Like