How to help my child cope with disability and still have faith for healing

My daughter keeps her thoughts to herself about her physical challenges. She is so strong, keeps her chin up, and has goals and ambitions. I know her limitations bother her at times, though, and cause obvious disappointment and pain. In those times, or perhaps around those times when it’s easier to approach a tender spot, how can I speak to the “why me” questions that could be whispering in her mind that she won’t voice? She is one of the reasons I am interested in apologetics. I want her to learn and know she has a rock-solid foundation for faith in Jesus Christ. I don’t want her physical trial to be a source of doubt.

I believe she’ll be healed one day. I want to keep that hope and faith alive while helping her have peace and understanding.

Thank you.

5 Likes

@Leah Praying for wisdom for you as you encourage / guide your daughter and strength / joy for her as well :slight_smile: You may find this episode of Unbelievable informative. I’ve also linked a video from Joni Eareckson Tada - I suspect you’ve already heard it - but a good reminder from someone who was never physically healed of the healing Christ offers.

1 Like

Hello, if you haven’t heard of Nick Vujicic I would strongly recommend watching some of his videos. He is an evangelist who ministers to youth and people in prison. Healing is something he welcomes and that he has seen happen during his ministry and yet lives with the disability he has, but he never let it stop him.

Here are a couple of videos of him telling his testimony. While I can’t relate to having a physical disability I can relate to the asking “why”. God has a purpose for all of us and I think making sure your daughter understands that will help her a lot. While we can’t see the ripple effects of things we don’t like happening God can. And we can take comfort in the fact that he knows and loves us.

3 Likes

While we can’t see the ripple effects of things we don’t like happening God can. And we can take comfort in the fact that he knows and loves us. @Luna

This has kept me through a lot of days, remembering God is in control and is working out His purposes.

Thank you for your thoughts and the video links. I’ve seen a video of this guy before. He’s remarkable. I’d like to check out what you and @SeanO recommended. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes