How to talk about the Gospel?

There are many study resources here on Connect, but if you’re like me, you’re not great about translating your newfound knowledge into conversation. In search for improving this personally, I found this short clip from a Q/A with Dr. Ravi Zacharias. Here are a few summary quotes.

The Christian has to learn it is not only his or her message but also his or her method … I have found more people object to Christians than they have to Christianity.

No one was ever as compassionate to sinners as He was. No one ever welcomed the outcast like He did. He set the law on a higher plane, and his mercy was also proportionate. He knows how to humble us without humiliating us and how to raise us up without flattering us. He gives us the true measure of our worth.

Dr. Zacharias uses Jesus as an example of the model evangelist (good idea! :slight_smile: ). So my first question is, what is an example where you see Jesus specifically seeking out someone who does not know Him, and what have you learned from it?

My second question comes from Matthew 5:13 and 2 Corinthians 5:20, which are often referenced in the topic of evangelism. Something I hadn’t noticed until reading those two verses today is the dual instruction to both tell others about Christ and also to purify our own relationship with Him. So, my second question is how do you prepare your heart before evangelizing?

7 Likes