Support RZIM Connect

How to Teach Morality

What are some methods or materials that can help teach moral truths to people with no concept or no understanding of biblical morality? Brief background, it seems like in the state of the world today, the outgrowth of the anger and hatred and all around evil nature of some stems from a lack of biblical moral foundation. People have morality, but it’s their own. To me it seems that people can have trouble understanding the Cross and salvation if it’s presented cold turkey to them, and they have no Judeo-Christian Moral upbringing. To restate my question a different way, if someone has no moral foundation to even receive the gospel, what are some resources that can help me effectively teach//communicate biblical moral truths as a stepping stone to evangelism?

2 Likes

Hello Jonathon,
This is good question and it seems to me it comes from someone that loves those that are lost in their own moral frame work.I love your heart; desiring to bring Jesus to those who are trying to live life by their own power.
To be honest with you I don’t know of a specific resource to help others in this way, but RZIM Academy does have a course called the Core Module. Not sure if you have heard of it before. It is a 12 week coarse designed to help the person doing the coarse to be able to reach and communicate with those in the world around them better, so that truth can be shared in a way that others may hear what is being communicated to them.
If you have not taken it yet you might want to check it out.
Don

3 Likes

A wise friend of mine once said, “When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.” I do not believe that there is any method and material other than properly applying God’s word in your life that will teach moral truth to your contemporaries. Jesus said:

You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people’s feet. You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. (Matthew 5:13–16, ESV, emphasis added)

You are the key. Your good works draw people to give glory to God.

1 Like