How would I be happy in Heaven if the man who abused me is forgiven and there?

(Megan Lykke) #1

Hi everyone, This is one of the more difficult questions I have had from someone, so I would love anyone’s thoughts! “How would I be happy in Heaven if the man who abused me is forgiven and there?”

After much, much thought this is the answer I came up with, but I would love to hear other’s thoughts because with the people I work with I have no doubt I will get this question again. My answer is that I tried to think what would the best thing that could ever happen to someone who’s life has been entirely altered by their past history of abuse, and the best thing I could think of would be to go back in time and erase what happened. My thought is that Heaven would be “like” that. Not that I could say it would be exactly that, but that it certainly must be better than the best thing I could think of.

(C Rhodes) #2

I think the individual asking such a question does not understand, Heaven is not defined by the Earth. In order to have a problem with the forgiven abuser, I would have to assume that in Heaven the old offenses and behaviors would hold the relevance and import that they do here. But, that is not Heaven. Nor does it describe the heart of GOD down here. It is no mystery to GOD that we may struggle with forgiveness. But, that’s why we are advised to Let the mind of Christ dwell in us (Philippians 2:5). We are not able to forgive without help.

In Heaven, there is an order reestablished that has eluded us since our ejection from the Garden of Eden. If a wolf will dwell with a lamb, I don’t believe a forgiven person will pose a threat to anyone’s happiness. (Isaiah 11:6)

The greatest thing about forgiveness is that it is not for the offender but for the offended. GOD does not follow the rating system we employ on earth. If He did, none of us would ever see Heaven. At our best, it is still a filthy rag. (Isaiah 64:6)

One night I dreamed the rapture had occurred. I could see people rising into the Heavens. I was dismayed because I was not rising with them. I ran northward where I could see an angel standing in mid air. “Take me.” I pleaded. “I want to go! Why aren’t I lifting into the clouds?” The angel said sadly, “you are too heavy to fly, the weight of unforgiveness holds you down.” (Matthew 7:2)

So, I won’t ask the Lord to hate what I think He should hate, I want everyone to see GOD’s face in peace. I need mercy and grace myself; I’m counting on the ability to repent and be forgiven. I must be free.

(Bonnie Crabtree) #3

I’ve often pondered similar questions. I was the teased child all during elementary school and beyond. I wet the bed and my sister used that to take friends from me. I was the one leftover after the sides were chosen. I was the one no one wanted to sit with at lunch or invite to birthday parties. That left me broken and lonely for a many years.

I took all of that into my marriage and even married someone who was not emotionally there for me. I struggled with angry and bitterness for many years.

Till… one day the Lord dealt with me.

You see, i think when we ask a question such as, [quote=“meglyk, post:1, topic:5812”]
How would I be happy in Heaven if the man who abused me is forgiven and there?
[/quote], we are missing that we are no better.

We have all transgressed God’s law and fallen short of His glory, His great love and grace. If we have broken one law we have broken them all. I have not honored God first of all. I have had idols in my life. I have lied and stolen. I have been angry enough in my heart that God would call that murder. I have coveted what belongs to another. I have had lust in my heart. There is not a commandment I have not trampled on.

So as Michael Jackson sings, “I need to look at the man in the mirror and make a change”.

God forgave me my depravity so I must forgive others. Jesus told a parable in Matthew 18:21‭-‬35 NKJV that demonstrates this.

Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?”

Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven. Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. And when he had begun to settle accounts, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents. But as he was not able to pay, his master commanded that he be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and that payment be made. The servant therefore fell down before him, saying, ‘Master, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’ Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.

“But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, ‘Pay me what you owe!’ So his fellow servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’ And he would not, but went and threw him into prison till he should pay the debt. So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done. Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.

“So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.”

(SeanO) #4

@meglyk That is a challenging question indeed. A few observations that may be helpful:

• all of us have been forgiven by Christ, so we also ought to forgive
  • if the abuser is truly saved, they are a completely new creature - a new heart, new motive and a new Master
  • in Heaven we will be like Christ - on earth we are only set free from the power and penalty of sin, in Heaven we will also be set free from the presence of sin - so none of the ‘old man’ will be left in the abuser - they will be utterly made new

We Are All New Creations Through Christ

If the abuser is truly Christian, they are a completely new creature - a new heart, new motives and a new Master. Moreover, if we are truly forgiven, we too have received this same forgiveness, so we ought to be able to forgive as we have been forgiven.

2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

Galatians 2:20 - I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Titus 3:3-8 - At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.

“You can begin as if nothing had ever gone wrong. White as snow.”
C.S. Lewis, The Great Divorce

Great Divorce Quotes

Some quotes from C. S. Lewis’ book ‘The Great Divorce’ that may be helpful.

“Son,‘he said,’ ye cannot in your present state understand eternity…That is what mortals misunderstand. They say of some temporal suffering, “No future bliss can make up for it,” not knowing that Heaven, once attained, will work backwards and turn even that agony into a glory. And of some sinful pleasure they say “Let me have but this and I’ll take the consequences”: little dreaming how damnation will spread back and back into their past and contaminate the pleasure of the sin. Both processes begin even before death. The good man’s past begins to change so that his forgiven sins and remembered sorrows take on the quality of Heaven: the bad man’s past already conforms to his badness and is filled only with dreariness. And that is why…the Blessed will say "We have never lived anywhere except in Heaven, : and the Lost, “We were always in Hell.” And both will speak truly.”

“I do not think that all who choose wrong roads perish; but their rescue consists in being put back on the right road. A sum can be put right: but only by going back til you find the error and working it afresh from that point, never by simply going on. Evil can be undone, but it cannot ‘develop’ into good. Time does not heal it. The spell must be unwound, bit by bit, ‘with backward mutters of dissevering power’ --or else not.”

Hope those thoughts are helpful to launch into deeper discussion. What do you think your fellow workers response would be to these types of ideas? The Lord open their eyes and hearts to His love, grace and power to make broken things new.

(Jolene Laughlin) #5

Hi Megan, very thought provoking question. I know that a lot of answers here say that we are to forgive because we are forgiven, but I think this doesn’t touch the depth of hurt, injury, and fear that someone who has been abused experiences. I would point out that our longing for justice is legitimate. Many injured and broken people have taken comfort from the numerous Bible verses where God says he will ensure justice on behalf of the captive, the broken, and the abused. We have all heard the various versions of “God doesn’t sleep” or “One day, He will right all wrongs.” The question is not a wrong one and does not, in my opinion, indicate sinfulness on the part of the questioner. The desire to be far away from someone who has mistreated or violated us is not sinful - it is a built in safety mechanism given by God, and it is wise. We can forgive and still recognize, or even desire, the need for boundaries and protection.

I have often wondered, in the case of instances of deliberate torture and abuse, especially of innocent and helpless victims, if an abuser is even capable of truly repenting. There is a line that is crossed when it comes to the violation of innocence that indicates a willful and deliberate embracing of complete darkness and evil - the destruction of innocence is an attempt to destroy God himself. But only God can know the heart.

For the sake of argument, let’s assume that the abuser has truly repented. If that is so, even while on this earth, he/she will be broken by the enormity of the hurt and damage they inflicted on their victims, to the point that they will be a different person. The abusiveness will be gone entirely, as will any smugness, blame, or self-righteousness. That drastic change will be even more obvious in heaven.

I also think we have a clouded, somewhat mistaken idea of what heaven is and what eternity will be like for the Christian. Because God is just, I don’t believe that we will be whisked into heaven with loose ends dangling behind us. We have all hurt people, and we have all been hurt. I think that there will be a point where God will open our eyes to what he has seen, and reveal the bigger picture to each of us - or we will be made aware of it when we initially come into the presence of His complete holiness. We will each be brought to a place of perfect clarity and we will be truly grateful for his mercy and his justice, and simultaneously be comforted by both as well. I have always understood this to be the case based, in part, on the words in I Corinthians 13:12. “For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.”

I also think the “works” of our lives will be brought forward and examined based on what the Bible says in I Corinthians 3. That passage says this: 9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. 10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire. 16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 17 If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.

Can you imagine how it will feel to have our every work, good or bad, adding to the kingdom or taking away from the kingdom, revealed publicly in the presence of God? I think we will be both humbled and lifted up as our true selves are revealed. I suspect we will be more able to receive and offer forgiveness after experiencing that.

It sounds like your work brings you into contact with victims who have experienced severe trauma due to abuse. I don’t know a lot about it, but in counseling abuse victims, doesn’t some healing come from confronting the abuser and naming the sin against them? And is there an aspect of greater healing that takes place if/when the abuser admits to what they did, and with a sincerely broken heart, confesses their sin and begs for forgiveness? Even if the victim is not capable at that time of fully offering forgiveness, does that scenario create a better opportunity to heal and get past the abuse?

I would also suggest that in eternity, the victim’s eyes will also be open, and they will see the factors that led to the warping and twisting of the abuser’s character to the extent that they could/would deliberately damage others, and this would, perhaps, allow them to be more comfortable in extending forgiveness and experiencing restoration with that person.

Obviously, there is not one easy answer, but I think expounding on the fact that God is always just as well as being merciful, and that we can have faith that he will heal and make all things right is a start in the right direction. Some good discussions on repentance and proof of salvation being evidenced by a truly changed heart might also help lay some of those fears to rest.

(Megan Lykke) #6

Thanks for all the thoughtful responses, this gives me a lot to think about!

(Lynn craft) #7

Hi Megan! So good to see you here:)
The questions you presented is a tough one and I wrestled with that very thing, to the point I walked away from my faith. What helped me the most was when I finally came to understand my identity in Christ, in light of Galations 2:20. It starts with her. When she (assuming she is a believer) realizes who she is in Christ; she cannot in herself forgive , but she whom has been crucified with Christ now has the Christ in her that can forgive. Also the fact that God is just, and knowing the character of God, that He is always just and right. You, being a physician who understands the progression of disease could be able to explain to her in a coherent way how that we all have the same disease, and all the variables that play a part in the disease progressing to the point of destruction. We all have that same capacity in us as her abuser. The only thing that will cure that is the blood of Christ. If her abuser if not a believer, this will be not too hard to explain. The difficulty comes in when that person professes to be a believer, but his actions are different. 1 John says that we can know that we have passed from death to life if we have love toward one another. I like your answer. I recently watched an enactment if you will, on the judgement seat of Christ. It is about an hour and 40 minutes long or so but was extremely helpful to me, and I was encouraged by it. It was well worth my time! I plan to watch it again.

Pete Briscoe The Bema in case the link doesn’t work.

Good to see you,
Lynn

(Megan Lykke) #8

Hi Lynn! thanks!

Megan

(SeanO) #9

@meglyk Just wanted to check in and see how you are doing with working through this question. Do you feel you have come up with a good answer to give to your friends? Or do you still have questions you would like to dig deeper into in order to grapple with this topic a bit more?

(Megan Lykke) #10

Hello and thank you. Yes, I think the discussion here has given me a lot of different approaches to think about.

(Patrick Prabhakar) #11

Hi @meglyk

Such a sincere question from a wounded heart. Where do we begin and end? By the Grace of God in all my imperfections, let me lay out some premises that could minister to the hurting heart.

We all are acquainted with the following scripture:

Psalm 89:14 NKJV

Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne; Mercy and truth go before Your face.

Just follow me further on the below scriptures:

Isaiah 26:7-11 YLT

The path for the righteous [is] uprightness, O upright One, The path of the righteous Thou dost ponder.

Also, [in] the path of Thy judgments, O Jehovah, we have waited [for] Thee, To Thy name and to Thy remembrance [Is] the desire of the soul.

[With] my soul I desired Thee in the night, Also, [with] my spirit within me I seek Thee earnestly, For when Thy judgments [are] on the earth, The inhabitants of the world have learned righteousness.

The wicked findeth favour, He hath not learned righteousness, In a land of straightforwardness he dealeth perversely, And seeth not the excellency of Jehovah.

O Jehovah, high [is] Thy hand – they see not, They see the zeal of the people, and are ashamed, Also, the fire – Thine adversaries, consumeth them.

The essence of these verses, especially verse 10 (highlighted below) is carefully presented in one of the jewish renditions by biblical scholars as we see below:

Our Good Father in Heaven knows best how to offer justice and healing to each wounded individual. His forgiveness to others does not mean that He sweeps their trespasses or the hurts they had caused under a carpet. Jesus identifies with the offended as He Himself is afflicted along with us in all our afflictions (Isaiah 63:9).

True repentance of any individual is not born from the feeling: somehow I escaped and Jesus paid for all my trespasses.

True repentance is in knowing genuinely the pain I had inflicted on Him and on others (His Children) and receiving His grace and mercy and continue living a forgiven and regenerated life.

The person who really knows he is forgiven and saved is the one who genuinely knows the true cost of all his evil actions and wholeheartedly yearns and seeks the restoration of the offended person.

For the person who has not yet realized the cost of their evil actions ( or to say, as not truly repented in remorse), our Good Father is faithful in making sure that the unrepentant soul truly understands the consequences of an evil action.

Hope the below example illustrates all the above premises:

Now let’s say, I have given birth to two glorious identical twins (girls).

I name them TwinA and TwinZ and both grow under the same environment and are outstanding.

But during their difficult adolescent and rebellious years, especially on their birthday when they both receive different gifts from their friends, they start envying, quarrelling and hating each other. On a gloomy day, when both the twins were playing alone in a far off place, TwinA in all envy, bitterness and in a moment of rage pushes TwinZ into a deep well and watches her drown.

Sooner, I have come to the knowledge of this entire episode. TwinA comes and stands before me not having understood yet the full measure of her evil deed but doesn’t seem affected much. (Remember TwinA is still the very flesh of my flesh and bone of my bones, yet I have lost a very real part of me in losing TwinZ).

What do I do?

How do I suppose justice and mercy to both my twins?

If I just go ahead and kill TwinA to punish her for her evil deed, will my own act of killing my child and the evil deed of TwinA be justified? In this case, has real justice been done to my other child TwinZ?

Or if I just forgive TwinA and move on, will the cry of pain and agony of what TwinZ went through stop echoing in my heart?

Or if I drown myself, hoping it would equalize TwinZ’s death and offer a pardon to TwinA. Has real justice still been done to TwinZ? Will the very act of drowning TwinZ by TwinA stand justified yet?

In all my human perception, I believe the very act of justification would be in TwinA actually completely realizing (the full measure of) what she had done to TwinZ, thus leading to total remorse of her evil deed; having fully understood the terrible agony of heart TwinZ must have been through while drowning. And this resulting in TwinA yearning if there is ever a way to bring back TwinZ alive again and seeing her totally restored.

Isn’t that what we all seek after genuinely from those who hurt us? Though we could forgive, the deeper truth is, we all want them to know, feel and understand the hurt, agony and pain they had caused us. In seeing their remorse, we are assuming that they now really understand the hurt they had inflicted on us. While some of them could still end up being punished by higher authorities, we really want them to feel the pain we had been through and truly feel remorse about it.

I’m convinced that if they willingly received the punishment due them sarcastically without any remorse or any real feeling toward the pain they inflicted on us, we wouldn’t be appeased yet.

Back to the example, if once TwinA has realized her true position in total remorse. Is it justifiable now for me to take on the death sentence on behalf of TwinA for the murder of TwinZ (as TwinA is still an adolescent and not yet a fully developed adult)?

Hypothetically maybe. Probably It could now be justified, just yet.

For He is the Father of spirits (Hebrews 12:9) and His mercy will never compromise His justice. We can rest assured that in heaven, Jesus the Merciful King and the Righteous Judge would have perfected all those who had truly repented. For He is the Overseer of our dear souls (1 Peter 2:25).

And for those who have not truly repented, I’m sure He who is a “Consuming Fire” and the “Living Water” will righteously deal with them. We can trust His Wisdom to not disappoint us.

For it is written:

Romans 12:19 NKJV

Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.

James 1:20 NKJV

for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

Also, another notable proposition in this scenario is the mystery of our resurrected selves!

Apostle Paul reiterates our union with Christ as one Body.

Ephesians 5:30-32 NKJV

For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Now, in the natural realm we all know that those who have married have also become one flesh to each other as scripture tells us:

Genesis 2:24 NKJV

Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

But look below as to how Jesus describes this same marriage relationship in heaven, He gives us a glimpse of this mystery of having become one with Him in the Spirit.

Mark 12:23-25 NKJV

Therefore, in the resurrection, when they rise, whose wife will she be? For all seven had her as wife.” Jesus answered and said to them, “Are you not therefore mistaken, because you do not know the Scriptures nor the power of God? For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

In heaven, I believe there is a separation of the bonding that had occurred in the natural realm yet not an ignorance of each other. I infer in the same way, when the truly repented of the offended meet with each other, there will be a separation of the souls from the hurtful memories and trauma yet not a resentful ignorance of each other as both know that justice has been served. For, heaven is the abode of True Love Himself. All praise, glory and honor to the Lamb of God!

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #12

Hello, Megan (@meglyk) . Your question is challenging. Though it’s possible that a person would use this question to escape the implications of what Christianity is trying to say to them, it’s safe to assume that the person who asks had experienced great pain and suffering regarding a certain abuse. And though answering the problem of suffering in terms of the philosophical aspect could be helpful, we need to take a step of answering it existentially, and also for us to identify with their pain.

I agree with @Jolene_Laughlin in considering the depth of hurt a person who would ask this question had experienced. It’s possible as well that in a particular instance that we are asked this question, that we won’t need to answer it right away, but it’s possible that the most prudent response is to be silent and for us to grieve and be there with them.

Though, if I would need to answer, I’m thinking of connecting with their hurt. For example:

"I’m sorry to hear that this man had done this to you. I can’t imagine the damage this has caused you. What he did was wrong, and he shouldn’t have done it.

I don’t know him, and I have no epistemic access to the mind of God for me to know if he’s forgiven. The Bible says that God does not leave the guilty unpunished, and that the Lord is close to the brokenhearted.

The Bible also talks about God being the judge of the earth doing right, and also about Him wiping away every tear from our eyes. And He will make all things new.

God will give you justice, and in Christ, the God who created the universe with the word of His mouth, the God who resurrects the dead, the God who makes all things new, will remove the damage that his sin has done to you.

As we look at the cross, we know that God takes sin seriously. And He will judge abusers. And because of God’s love in the cross, we can see that the abused are not beyond redemption."

(Jennifer Judson) #13

Megan,
There have been so many well-considered and wise replies to your question, I’m not sure if I should respond. I’ve worked with some women in a domestic-violence shelter and I confess as a person who was never abused with violence that I felt ill-equipped to truly understand the full consequences of that kind of hurt and enduring pain in their body and soul.

Have you read the book “The Shack”? First let me say it is not scripture. It is not a real story. It is fiction. Abuse, evil and forgiveness are the subject of the book and how the author grapples with it is very thought provoking and illuminating. I guess I would express it as creating a visual picture of very deep, abstract emotions. I’m not suggesting this as a book you share with this woman, but one that may help you wrap you mind around these issues. Others may suggest you not read the book, if you haven’t already, which may be wiser counsel than mine.

The main character is a family man who in his early years was badly abused by his father, which is only background in the story. In the main story the man’s youngest daughter is kidnapped, raped, and murdered by a serial killer…a predator of children. In a bewildering sequence of events the man is led to a remote shack where he both finds evidence that his daughter had been there, and he encounters God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. At a certain point he confronts Wisdom about these deep, raw issues–sort of like Job standing before God.

I will reiterate, this is fiction. I’m not saying it’s biblical or good doctrine (not trying to start a debate, I know it was controversial). Many of the responses have offered wonderful and relevant scripture for your consideration. I thought I would mention this as an idea for you because for me it allowed me to better grasp the depth and complexity of emotions of those victimized by violence and how it might be seen from the eyes of an all-knowing God that IS perfect justice AND perfect mercy.

I think we all come to Jesus for different reasons. Reasons that are personal and deeply held. Generally reasons that need His healing touch–not just in heaven, but in the here and now. The woman who asked the question seems in need of the healing only Christ can provide, but sometimes we hold onto hurts because condemnation of the abuser is foremost in our hearts–“How can I be healed when that person lives free and without penalty?” Most of us know that unforgiveness binds us to the very abuse that causes our pain, but we can still be unwilling to let go of it. Jesus saw into the heart of the paralytic at the Pool of Bethesda and asked, “do you want to be healed?” Sometimes we can’t even see a possibility past our hurts to want a life free of it…especially when that might mean we have to forgive. So the question “do we want to be healed” is truly on point."

I also think once we become Christians and begin to mature in our faith and grow in our trust, we eventually come face to face with God’s sovereignty. It seems to me that part of our journey is where we shift from Jesus being just our savior and friend to being our Lord and God. Where we can begin the work of real surrender and know that justice will never be in our hands and we can trust that God’s purposes and plan are better than our personal need. As I write this I am reminded of where God says to Moses: “…and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.” and where Job says to God: “I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted. ‘Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?’ Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.”

If you have further opportunities to speak heart to heart with this woman again, here are some talking points that come to my mind:
– Your abuser being in heaven is an end-point that you and I cannot know. My life is based on the belief that because Jesus took all our sins upon himself, through Him I can be healed. He can also heal you. Sometimes healing is instant, mostly it’s a process, but it can begin today. Not in heaven, but right now.
– The entire story of God and humanity is one of restoration. God loves you and His desire is for you to be fully restored. You were created in His image, and that’s your potential. Life distorts us, corrupts us, sometimes by our own doing and sometimes by others, and when we surrender to Him, He reshapes us back into that perfect image. One day you will find the pain has become a memory of pain and a signpost to others that healing it possible.
–Abuse changes our identity, we are reshaped into victimized, hurting souls. When we accept Jesus as our Savior own broken identity is replaced with His own. We are no longer victims. We become over-comers. He turns the ashes of our lives to a beautiful crown, he tells us that in the Bible. (from Isaiah 61:3)

I pray God will bring you Godly wisdom, compassion, and empathy that this woman can read in your eyes and will draw her to Jesus. For this woman I pray that she will come to the place where she truly wants to be healed and that she knows that healing will only come through Jesus. How wonderful for us all to know that the real work is accomplished by the Holy Spirit and we are beautiful vessels to be used for His kingdom.

(Jimmy Sellers) #14

I really liked the link. Thanks