How2Respond2 "My mum told me that she was healed by her prophet (or any other founder of worldviews) and saw this happen in a vision. So my God is just as able as yours? I don’t think i need to think about Christianity since this works for me."

conversationalevangelism

(Reuben Wong) #1

What kind of questions can we ask to engage in meaningful conversations? Looking forward to see what Possible Responses (PR) for this!

QN) My mum told me that she was healed by her prophet (or any other founder of worldviews) and saw this happen in a vision. So my God is just as able as yours? I don’t think i need to think about Christianity since this works for me.

PR) thats wonderful news! If that miracle didn’t happen would it have changed your view about your religion?
PR) if you experence something like that too, would you think it means that God answered your prayers thru obedience?
PR) thats wonderful news! Do you think if the situation happene to someone else, and if they prayed and fasted but not as much, would a miracle also occur?

How2Respond2 Questions Series
(David Thiessen) #2

The devil has a lot of power in this world. There are times that he comes as an angel of light. The devil is very adept at deception. We need to be constantly on our guard for these deceptions.

I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel; which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!
Galatians 1:6‭-‬9 NASB
https://bible.com/bible/100/gal.1.6-9.NASB

There is only one true gospel, and only one way to be saved. That way is through Jesus Christ.

(SeanO) #3

@Reuben_Wong Good question.

1. How do you think we know the truth?
  2. Is power necessarily evidence of truth?
  3. Is God the only one capable of exerting power / influence in the world? Are there spiritual forces that are evil / not good?
  4. Does the fact that something works for you mean that it is necessarily the best thing for you? If there were a more beautiful, glorious adventure / truth out there, would you be willing to seek it?
  5. Would you want to miss out on the great adventure of knowing a God who gave His only Son because He loved you so much - of experiencing His glory and love - just to settle for what works for you now?