Hua Wei (David) Shen

Hello everyone, my name is Hua Wei Shen. I was born and raised in Taiwan. Currently, I’m living in San Francisco Bay Area. I have been watching all the amazing talks from speakers in RZIM on Youtube and decided to join the GAC this year. The conference led me to join Connect. I hope to learn from all of you and also be able to contribute to the discussion by providing perspectives of an Asian Christian in the US.

2 Likes

Hello Hua Wei, welcome to Connect. I’m glad that you are also participating in the GAC and that you came to Connect. With your cross-cultural background you can certainly help some people here. God bless you!

1 Like

Hello David what a blessing to have you join the community. I am in West Virginia how long since you moved here? looking forward to sharing and learning together.

Mike

1 Like

Hi Mike,

Thank for your kind words. I came to US in 2007 to study my master degree in computer interaction. About the time I finished my degree in the end of 2009 and early 2010, the economy was gradually going back to normal from 07-08’ financial crisis. However, it’s difficult quite difficult for an international student to be hired. During that time, besides job-hunting, write cover letters and sent out resume, I pray to God and told Him that I’m giving my career path to Him.

Amazingly, after 6 months since my graduation, I got hired by a Silicon Valley startup. Fast-forward, I met a girl in the church eventually we got married. Now we have 2 kids, Sarah (6yrs old) and Luke (4yrs old).

I’m currently working full-time as a software product designer and part-time study my MDiv degree in Christian Witness Theological Seminary aiming to serve Chinese and Chinese American.

2 Likes