Support RZIM Connect

Humbled by life

Hi all,

I’m curious to see if anyone has had the same experience as me regarding this topic. As someone who asks a lot of questions, I have spent a lot of time searching for answers regarding things that the Bible doesn’t speak on (Mainly scientific questions). The conclusion I have come to, is that the universe is so hysterically complex, I don’t understand how someone could be comfortable with the assumption that God does not exist. There is so much that we will never know, and while it can sometimes give me anxiety because I don’t understand how God created everything or when He did so, it also points me straight back to Proverbs 3:5-6: “Lean not on your own understanding, but in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.” When I see someone like Dawkins pose that life has no meaning whatsoever, it leaves me feeling empty. Why does it disturb me to my core to postulate life being meaningless and Godless? Because I believe it is not meaningless, or Godless. There are more questions I have than answers, but at the end of the day, it’s beyond arrogant to assume God can’t make sense of all the vastness and craziness in the universe. Sometimes I feel like my faith is so small because I get worked up about my questions, but it’s in those times where my faith feels small, that I’m driven to prayer and asking God for a larger faith. In my experience, being a Christian is definitely not easy. However, it definitely makes the most sense of how we as humans experience life. I struggle MIGHTILY with Genesis 1-11 and how we make sense of it given the scientific evidence for an old earth and all that entails. I struggle imagining what Heaven will be like. I struggle with miracles occurring today and what they look like (especially when people claim miraculous healings). There’s really a lot that I struggle with and don’t understand, as you all can tell lol. But what I don’t struggle with, is seeing how everything that Jesus said is true. How He describes humankind and how the scriptures in general make sense of humanity is unparalleled. At the end of the day, I trust Jesus and I want to follow Him deeply; despite everything else I don’t understand. Looking at the universe is humbling to say the least, and I’m thankful that God doesn’t require a perfect knowledge of theology, science, or anything really, for us to be justified through His Son. He only asks us to trust and follow Him. Just incredible. Thank you God that we don’t have to be perfect, because WOW I’m a mess sometimes lol.

I apologize if this was just a jumbled mess of words, but I definitely felt like others would resonate with this. I hope everyone has a great weekend, God bless!

4 Likes

Yes, meaninglessness and Godlessness is a very scary proposition…and not wise. God said “The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.” It would probably be scary also if we understood how God did things with our own limited minds. I think that’s what trips up folks like Dawkins who would actually pit their thoughts against God’s thoughts.

However, we could spend a lifetime, and do, getting to know the God whom we serve. He will show us and teach us His ways, and provide in ways that we may not even expect. That’s the beauty of being His children. If science that defends creation is your God-given interest, there are many books, teachers, debates that you can watch, read and/or participate in. I think there is one online here now.

He is perfect and so are we in Him. Trust Him to perfect whatever areas that you feel weak in and to send you whatever teachers, experiences, or other help that you need. When I wondered why my confidence was so low, He showed me that I was trying to become more confident in myself…terrible place to put/build my confidence. I learned that my confidence must be in Him. If your confidence is in Him, as you said, you can ask Him for every step.

2 Likes