Hungry and Thirsty For The Bible

(Linda Nikitin) #1

Thursday, March 7, 2019
Dear Friends in our Colossians group,

I am SO HUNGRY AND SO THIRSTY FOR THE BIBLE!!! :blush:
I have memorized Colossians 1:1 through Colossians 2:15. I am memorizing from The 1984 New International Version, but I say Colossians 2:9 from The King James Version when I get to Colossians 2:9 because The New International Version translation is so weak, in my opinion.
Colossians 2:9 from KJV is SO WONDERFUL AND STRONG, “For in Him (Christ) dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.” (KJV)

Because of our memorizing of Colossians, and the kindness and encouragement of our group, expressed to one another, I have been uplifted and encouraged to continue memorizing The Gospel of John. My goal is to finish The Gospel of John by September 2019.

Blessings
Linnie :dove::blush:

(Tim Ramey) #2

@Bible_Memorization_Group
Linnie, are we slowing you down by doing 2verses/week? I am amazed that you can memorize so quickly as you are planning on doing all of John by September. You must have a real gift for memorization. I am thrilled for you but must admit that I’m sad that we are not on the same verses together. Since you have down what we are plugging along with like a bunch of tortoises, maybe you can feed us with some of you insight to what we are on, coming to or past.

Doesn’t it sound like the Christian thing to say that you are hungry and thirsty for the Bible. Until a few years ago I would have thought, “That’s nice” but never realized the zeal that you have when you exclaim that. Linnie, His Word is what I am living on. When I pray, it is incredible how some verses of some chapter jumps out to me. I am so overjoyed that there are many who have seen the value of storing Scripture in their hearts.

Just a reminder to you Sister - I am addressing my response to you to the memorization group which is the @Bible_Memorization_Group. You started a new thread as it is not under the Colossians 1:7-8 thread. So to post to the group, you can go to the thread and post or if you wanted to start a new thread yourself, as you just did, and wanted to include all 48 in the group, you would do as I showed you above.

Linnie - you are really moving full steam head. How do you do it?

(Linda Nikitin) #3

Thursday, March 7, 2019
Tim, I am re-posting here. I am new at this tech stuff for RZIM Connect. My short answer to How do I do it is, I don’t. The Lord Jesus does it all. He takes control of my mind and my mouth. He fills my mind with Colossians and He makes it come out my mouth for His Honor and Glory and for His Kingdom. Ask Him to do the same for you and He will.
Blessings
Linnie

Thursday, March 7, 2019
Dear Friends in our Colossians group,

I am SO HUNGRY AND SO THIRSTY FOR THE BIBLE!!!
I have memorized Colossians 1:1 through Colossians 2:15. I am memorizing from The 1984 New International Version, but I say Colossians 2:9 from The King James Version when I get to Colossians 2:9 because The New International Version translation is so weak, in my opinion.
Colossians 2:9 from KJV is SO WONDERFUL AND STRONG, “For in Him (Christ) dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.” (KJV)

Because of our memorizing of Colossians, and the kindness and encouragement of our group, expressed to one another, I have been uplifted and encouraged to continue memorizing The Gospel of John. My goal is to finish The Gospel of John by September 2019.

Blessings
Linnie