Hymn “He Giveth More Grace” by Annie Johnson Flint

(Linda Nikitin) #1

Friday, February 15, 2019
Hullo Everyone,
I wanted to share this hymn by Annie Johnson Flint that strengthens and comforts me SO MUCH!
Blessings,
Linnie

He Giveth More Grace by Annie Johnson Flint

He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength when the labours increase;
To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials, His multiplied peace.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father’s full giving is only begun.

Fear not that thy need shall exceed His provision,
Our God ever yearns His resources to share;
Lean hard on the arm everlasting, availing;
The Father both thee and thy load will upbear.

His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.

(C Rhodes) #2

@Linnie. Did you know this is a hymn Ravi Zacharias often quotes? It is truly beautiful, thank you for posting it.

(Linda Nikitin) #3

Monday, February 18, 2019

Hullo C,
Yes, I know that Ravi Zacharias quotes this hymn often. I am SO THANKFUL to Ravi for sharing it and for letting us know that Annie Johnson Flint had cancer, etc.
I have been SO ENCOURAGED by Annie’s triumph and trust in God The Father.

Blessings
Linnie

(Kyle Spencer) #4

Hymns seem to have become a forgotten aspect of spiritual development and formation. Tozer wrote, “After the Bible the next most valuable book for the Christian is a good hymnal. Let any young Christian spend a year prayerfully meditating on the hymns of Watts and Wesley alone and he will become a fine theologian.” While the musicianship of modern worship is exceptional, and some are lyrically beautiful, I will make the sweeping generalization that contemporary worship has lost the heart deep spiritual shaping. Thank you for sharing a great hymn.

(C Rhodes) #5

@Linnie. Again, thank you for posting the full text of the hymn. I find I really need it today. :+1:

(Linda Nikitin) #6

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

You’re Very Welcome C!

(Eileen) #7

Thank you for sharing this beautiful hymn. I would like you to know there is a small group of us, who still sing all these old hymns, every Tuesday night at our prayer meeting as well as every Sunday night at our ministry outreach service held in a conference room here in our small city at the public library. The old time meetings with a Pastorat couple who are both almost 90 years of age.

(Linda Nikitin) #8

Thursday, February 21, 2019
Hullo Eileen,
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing!
My brothers, my sister, and I were brought up with the old hymns and we love them too!!
May The Lord Jesus protect and keep you and your little group there in the library.

Blessings
Linnie

(Eileen) #9

You are most welcome Linnie: Just reading through the old hymnals is a blessing. I share this one with you. (C.M.)
Behold the Saviour of mankind nailed to the shameful tree! Hark vast the love that Him inclined to bleed and die for thee. Hark how He groans; while nature shakes and earth’s strong pillars bend;
The temple’s veil in sunset breaks,
The solid marbles rend. ‘Tis done;
the precious ransom’s paid,
“Receive my soul,” He cries!
See where He bows His sacred head,
He bows His head and dies!
But soon He’ll break death’s envious chain, and in full glory shine:
O Lamb of God! was ever pain,
was ever love, like Thine?
God bless you my sister in and through Christ Jesus, our Lord and Saviour.
Amen

(Linda Nikitin) #10

Friday, February 22, 2019
Dear Eileen,
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing the hymn you sent with me. It is new to me and it is WONDERFUL!!
I treasure it as a gift from you and all the dear friends there. May The Lord Jesus protect, strengthen, and help you all, day by day, moment by moment.

I know that each one of you could share many answers to prayer with me. I would love to sit and pray with you in your group. Because that is not possible, I am grateful to The Lord Jesus for the sharing of love and care we do right here in RZIM Connect.

Sending My Love,
Linnie

(Eileen) #11

Amen, and because there is no distance between us in prayer, no distance between us in God, in Christ Jesus, in the Holy Spirit…let us pray for one another, especially thanking Him, for RZIM and this community. May God bless you richly in His love. May He give you your heart’s desire Linnie, as your heart’s desire is in Him. In Christ Jesus name, Son of the living God, I pray, Amen. (Son-shines)

(Eileen) #12

Linnie
Forgive me, for I forgot to say: you are welcome. Wesley has an old Methodist Hymnal from 1876 London Wesleyan Conference Office. A book of yellowed paper but in wonderful condition. Compiled By the Rev. John Wesley, M.A.,
This is where I copied the old unnamed hymn I sent to you and your family.
God bless you and your loved ones. Bye bye for now. Son-shines

(Linda Nikitin) #13

Friday, February 22, 2019
Dear Eileen,
THANK YOU SO MUCH for your prayer for me!!
SO NEEDED especially today!! It is helping me SO MUCH!!
I will be 58 years old on August 5. I was born 7 weeks early and I was diagnosed at 16 months old, with Spastic Cerebral Palsy, which affects my legs and feet especially. I have walked with crutches since I was 6 years old.

You are a WONDERFUL FRIEND AND MENTOR for me!
Thank You!

Sending My Love,
Linnie :blush::two_hearts::hibiscus::tulip::bouquet::rose:

(Eileen) #14

Dear Linnie, Please know after reading your last message explaining to me your story of suffering from birth, (so it sounds) My tears flowed freely to our all loving merciful kind Abba Father, for you. Isn’t it wonderful to know; that when we sow in tears, we shall reap in joy❣️
Linnie, may I share with you a little of my story, in March of 2006, I was revived on an operating table. I had full blown kidney cancer. The diagnoses came 10 days prior to the surgery, renal cell carcinoma in both kidneys and cancer in my right lung, the lung cancer was never dealt with by the doctors, because God healed it! :pray:t3: He did it” As for the kidney cancer, the Lord moved it into one kidney, my left. I was on death’s door and the surgeon told my husband that I wasn’t strong enough to survive the operation, “But God” He gave me life.
In 2012 the cancer returned, found in my thyroid, I had surgery, it was Kidney cancer. Then it was found in and through out my pancreas. Linnie, for the last 6-1/2 years God has sustained me. I drive up to the cancer clinic today to pick up a tracker’ an extension of life drug. The cancer is growing and changing but “when man gave me a death sentence” our all powerful God, gave me a life sentence.”
Life is a precious gift from our Lord God❣️
Thank you for so blessing me this day, Linnie. You are a precious daughter of the King of kings and Lord of lords.
My tears are tears of love for you, in and through Christ Jesus, Whom I love, believe and worship. :pray:t3::sparkling_heart:

(Mitzi Witt) #15

That is one of my favorites also!!! Encouraging!

(Claire N Streb) #16

@Linnie Thanks for sharing! Annie Johnson Flint is one of my favorites. She wrote the following, which I often send to people when they lose a loved one, when they are often receptive for hearing about God’s Love. It is also short enough that one can easily memorize it. :heart:

God hath not promised
Skies always blue,
Flower-strewn pathways
All our lives through;
God hath not promised
Sun without rain,
Joy without sorrow,
Peace without pain.

But God hath promised
Strength for the day,
Rest for the labor,
Light for the way,
Grace for the trials,
Help from above,
Unfailing sympathy,
Undying love.

- Annie Johnson Flint, 1862-1932

(Linda Nikitin) #17

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Hullo Claire,
Thanks SO MUCH Claire for sharing your heart!

Blessings
Linnie