I am sorry, I didn't know where to ask this question

Michael Ramsden was on the radio this morning and he kept referring to Ravi Zacharias as, ‘Ravi G.’ or I guess phonetically it would be, ‘Ravee Jee’. I am sure, as he is the President of RZIM, that he’s not making a mistake. So the only logical conclusion is that it is I who am missing something. I wonder: could someone please let me in on this info…please?
Again, I am sorry if I have asked this in the wrong forum section, but the only other place I could think of was Ask RZIM but the “Ask my question” is greyed-out.
Thanks!
Michael C

1 Like

Ravi Zacharias is from India and it is very common to use the attachment ‘ji’ at the end of a person’s name as a sign of respect. If you go to the RZIM India website, you will notice that ‘Ravi ji’ is used to refer to him by some. Perhaps this is the issue.

2 Likes

Ohhh! Yes, that’s exactly how it sounded, thank you for that! It makes me think of a friend of mine who is Sikh, and he used to talk about Sant ji (please forgive me if I wrote that wrong, it sounded like Sahn djee as the best I can figure as far as pronunciation goes), okay I understand. Thanks again, I appreciate it.

In Christ,
Michael C

1 Like