I feel the most lonely at church

Thank you @Luna. I hope you make some connections too!

1 Like

Hi @tabjohn0329. Just wanted to see how you were doing. I can relate to your question about feeling lonely or invisible at church, and can appreciate how you are feeling about this. I can also appreciate the need for wanting to go deeper in relationship with our Christian families at church, and totally understand the frustration when the deepness of these relationships aren’t met. My husband and I are in the process of moving from our church that we’ve attended for about 13 years, to a new church in our local area. There are lovely Godly people that we can talk to on the Sunday, but that’s it. Despite efforts to talk, to be friendly, to text, to bake, to encourage … nada!! :slight_smile: I have also felt the disconnect that you are talking about. So far, we’ve been absent from our church since mid-August, and we haven’t received a phone call, and our church is not big. We’ve been on vacation for the first few weeks, and after that I’ve been unwell, and it’s been difficult for me to physically get to church (hoping to be well enough soon). I understand your need to withdraw after church and not stay for superficial chats, I really hear you!! I’ve said to a couple of friends of mine who are experiencing the same things with their churches … if my Christianity was dependent on how many texts I got from my church family during the week, how many text me to see how I am and how things are going, I’d be dead! I just want you to know that you are not doing anything wrong, and your feelings are very valid. It’s times like these when we feel that we “don’t hear” from God, is when our faith in Him kicks in, and we find out what we are truly made of (a test of our walk with God, so to speak). How faithful will you be to your Christian faith when you don’t get a response from God, how will you react to your circumstances, what is your attitude? There’s a lot of character building stuff in here when we face things like this, and it’s not really pleasant to go through stuff like this, particularly when you feel that you are on your own. Just don’t want you to give up, don’t want you to feel unimportant, and want your voice to be heard. You are very valuable as a person, you are valuable to Christ and He hears you. I pray that you will find somewhere soon where you will feel valued, loved and heard, and in time, feel that you want to get involved in some kind of ministry, whatever that looks like for you :slight_smile: Just don’t give up!!! Hugs from me to you :):smiley:

1 Like