I have some questions

I am the Bible believer or trying.
I really doubt that the Ravi will response by himself, but i hope and i ask for answears from him.
I have many questions, and i really like how and what Ravi Zaharias speak. I will be honest. I am not even close to can say i know the whole Bible. A years ago i did some researches and i think there a maybe few or more quotes in the Old Testament i found, wich looks like is in opposite with the New Testament. But now i will not talk about it, even i think i don`t remember it now. And i also think the there are at least several wrong or better to say dont really matched translations bettwen the jew version, the greek, one the king James, the ortodox and so on. But that dismatched can convert the understanding in the quote very very huge.
This is my asking now:

1. Is the Bible categorically denied the reincarnation. I know there are quotes wich indirectly denied this. But i am amazed - the Bible writers didnt heard about that hindu belief? Maybe the keystone of the “eastern doctrines”. In the Bible the reincarnation is not directly and categorically denied. As enough i know.
  2. Do you think the New Testament denies the old one? I mean Galatians 4:24, but as i remember this can be connected to other at least one quote.
  3. How you interpret this quote - 1 Corinthians 15:45
    45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

And one bonus question:) what to do with the Dead Sea Scrolls?
P.S. Mine point aboute the bonus question have some origins. How to really and fully and truly whenever me or you can believe that the roman church is that the church has chosen the only and unchallenged text to include in the Bible. as far as we know it happened about 400 years after Christ. But the more important question is how we can trust a church that is being created because of Constantine’s desire to impose power and union, recognizing a religion as true for political reasons, and only according to rumors that he might have accepted in his heart. only on his deathbed. Not to mention Catholic and not just churches or cathedrals. Many of them are one type of tomb, and there are enough cathedrals that are full of demon statues and so on. Masonic symbols and so on.

I live in a small town in a small and unknown country in the world, but even at the entrance of our church there are Masonic signs embedded in the wall. We have two church as well, and in the other have a graves in a field. So what is This?
And maybe for more dramatic or idk, we have a Pantheon/ Museum for one of the biggest our national heroes, and in that Pantheon, underground, Pantheon means tomb, or even graveyard, we have a Chapel.
Graves in the church, church in the graves…

5 Likes

Hello, @kpetrov! Thank you for your various questions!

Your question on reincarnation is quite interesting. I once spoke to someone about reincarnation in the Bible and they claimed that since the Bible doesn’t deny it there is room to believe it is true. I, personally, did not follow his logic. The idea of the resurrection, in my opinion, undermines the idea of reincarnation. Why would I need to be resurrected if I was reborn in another form or another life? Additionally, the concept of reincarnation carries with it the baggage of the denial of a self. According to the doctrine of reincarnation, there is no persistent self. This is why you do not remember your previous “lives,” there is no “you” to remember them.

The Bible teaches that He knows us each individually, He names us, and has a relationship with us. This gives credence to the idea that we are individuals with individual identities. Further, the idea of reincarnation is often tied with karma as a means of paying for sin. Well, Christ is the means by which sin is done away with in the Bible.

None of this even mentions the fact that the disciples saw Moses and Elijah on the mount of transfiguration, they were in the spiritual realm and were not reincarnated.

The Old Testament does not do away with the Old Testament, as Romans 15:4 points out. It is still useful for our instruction and edification. The main concern between the two is that Christ has done away with the Law as a means of Salvation and Justification.

For your third question, from the first Adam we have received our earthly life, from the second Adam, Crist, we have received spiritual and eternal life.

Verse 49 is helpful in making sense of the analogy:

Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven.

Your bonus question is certainly tied to the background you mentioned. It is often said that the books that were put into the Bible were decided by the Nicene Council in 325 AD. This is an incredibly simplistic understanding of the history of the Bible. I have heard it from one of my professors. The truth of the matter is, the Nicene Council formalized the acceptance of the books as canon and were very strict with their rubric to determine which books were formally accepted. It would be similar to you and I getting together and agreeing to do work together and then signing a contract the following week. We agreed to do business when we met the first time, we formalized it with a contract subsequently. The books were basically agreed upon and used extensively by the church over the preceding centuries.

The rubric that was used was that the books had to be written during the time in which eyewitnesses were alive, the authorship had to be known, it had to be shown consistent with the Gospels. This is not an exhaustive list, but you can see why certain books were left out. Books like the gospel of Judas were written way after the last of the eyewitnesses had died and was inconsistent with the rest of the Gospel accounts. Hebrews almost didn’t make it in because establishing authorship was hard. There were several books, the Apocrypha, which were found to be useful for edification, but were left out as works which were not inspired.

I could go on and on about why Constantine did not “create the church” and did not do so for power and union. I have written a paper on it which I will not go into here. If you read about the time period in which he lived, if he was mainly concerned about power and union, taking on Christianity was one of the last things he would have done. It put him at odds with all of the power brokers in Rome as well as the populace. The Church had no power to speak of so it was not as if he was picking “the winning” side. It is true that he was baptized on his death bed, but that was a common practice at that time. The idea was that after you were baptized you were “not allowed to sin anymore.” But, an emporer may be in danger of transgression through war and other things, so they would hold off baptism until the threat of transgression had ended, like when one is on one’s deathbed. Deathbed baptisms were common and shouldn’t be used to undermine someone’s legitimate conversion. You may be able to make arguments in other areas, but, I would say, not this one.

As for demon statues and masonic symbols, they are out there. But, I am not very knowledgable in those areas and so I will leave those questions to someone more informed about them than I am.

You asked some great questions and I enjoyed engaging with them. I hope you found my answers helpful. I would love to hear your thoughts further.

6 Likes

really great answer by Joshua;

I personally would not worry too much about masonry symbols; especially if the building is historically old. As a Christian, we can focus on Who Jesus is and what He as done in His death, burial and resurrection.

Just on thinking about how the Old and New Testaments join together; You might find the video resources at theBibleProject.com a good launching site for reading more of the Bible. I really like their overview videos for each book of the Bible; to get an idea of who wrote each book; who the author was writing to; the writing style of each book.

The Bible Project says their mission is to “help people see the Bible as one unified story that leads to Jesus.” An example of how the Old Testament is tied closely to the new Testament; is the themes that run throughout, such as how the Old Testament sacrifices pointed towards Jesus being the perfect Sacrifice.

In Isaiah 53; we see the beautiful prophecy of the coming Messiah, written approximately 700 years before Christ came. Just a couple of of my favourite verses from that chapter, and the picture of we like sheep have gone astray and Christ saying he is the Good Shepherd (in the New Testament):

4 Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

on a side point; if interested, there is a general information article about free masonry and comparing it to Biblical beliefs… This site ‘GotQuestions’ is a reputable and reliable site based on Scripture.

As it says in Hebrews 12:1-2; we can lay aside things that hinder us, and focus on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.

hopefully a little helpful/encouraging… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I fully support the thesis that rebirth and resurrection are mutually exclusive. Мy question was rather why the Bible writers do not explicitly focus on what is the cornerstone of Eastern doctrines. I have, or have had a friend who falls for Eastern beliefs and practices, and argued with her and even may be angry with me, I asked her about this Zacharyas thesis - if we pay for our previous lives, who gave us the first. She answered me Brahman. I asked her how someone who is outside of time and space, that is, he is kind of unmanifest, how can he manifest someone? It even looks like atheism to me, to be honest. after this conversation, the idea that the Eastern doctrine is not a doctrine that acknowledges god or gods, but it is a doctrine for the formation of the universe.

In this regard, according to the Hebrew Bible, God is plural, but why?

About the "battle"between The New and The Old Testament, u may cleary know many people agreed with that. it is my fault, too, because I did not specify, I am not saying that the New Testament denies the old one, for example the Ten Commandments and other precepts. it is a specific covenant between God and the Jews, which according to the new covenant is destroyed and a New one is made, so in my opinion the Old covenant is a comparison with the slave Agar.

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

for me, this means that the first Adam, that is, the man made of dust, that is, only of the flesh but with the soul, will become a life-giving spirit. This is very important in my opinion. The one who has been given bodily and spiritual life, and here, if we refer to some quotes in the bible, the soul may mean something like a body’s driving mechanism, something like electrical impulses in the brain. It will become a life-giving spirit. And this reminds me of something from Revelation that says that Jesus will establish his new kingdom in heaven. Matter will disappear at least.

Аs much as the Masonic / Illuminati symbols in almost every Christian church, and especially with regard to Catholic cathedrals, I completely disagree with you.

some great questions, and I will do my best, and also look forward to others joining in and correcting where I go wrong and clarifying. :slight_smile:

To give us the ‘big picture’ we have three main categories of worldview (each person’s belief system);
atheism; there is no god
monotheism; there is one God ( Judaism; Christianity; Islam)
polytheism; there are many gods (Hinduism; Buddhism are two examples as I don’t have an exhaustive list)
pantheism; everything is god (Shintoism, pagan belief, new age)

to your question; " why the Bible writers do not explicitly focus on what is the cornerstone of Eastern doctrines"

all worldviews claim to be exclusive truth. A truth claim is by definition exclusive. The Bible authors were writing, and by their writing they are excluding other alternate counter claims (including Eastern religions). They don’t need to address and reject all counter claims; they are a truth claim, thus excluding all others.
This may be a helpful video by Ravi Zacharias responding to question " How do you know that Christianity is the one true worldview?"

We learnt in the RZIM Core Module (http://rzimacademy.org/courses/core-module/) (which is very well worth doing, even for ones own growth and faith) that there are 4 questions each person needs to think about; and that the answers given must be both correspond to reality; and when put together must be coherent (make sense),

Origin:
How do you think the universe came into existence?
How do you think human life began?

Meaning:
What is the purpose of human life?

Morality:
How do you determine good and bad?

Destiny:
What will happen at the end (at death)?

so to your question: " if we pay for our previous lives, who gave us the first. She answered me Brahman." this falls under the Origins category; your question is excellent; because in the Origins category we must address the first cause question of ‘Why is there something rather than nothing?’;
A helpful video to think this through is here:

and perhaps the fine-tuning of the universe

Hinduism as a worldview is quite complex; and @Lakshmismehta would answer your specific questions far better. Also have a search through the ‘Ask RZIM’ category for Hinduism as there are some really good things to think through. Here are three that may be of interest for further reading.

Just as an additional point to your topic “Does the New Testament remove the Old Testament”; take a look at this video on God’s covenants; this will help give the big picture of how Christ fulfilled the Old Testament Covenants.

You seem concerned about Masonic or other symbols in church buildings; Why are you concerned about this?

Biblically, the church refers to the world-wide body of believers who have placed their faith in Jesus Christ; the church building is just a local place of worship; do we need to be aware of non-Christian and non-Biblical views that have influenced the church in the past? yes, absolutely; but I think we need to be balanced and not get caught up in conspiracy theories; this is why I suggested that, as Christians, our focus can be on Christ. Like the account of Peter walking on the water in Matthew 14:22-33, the moment that Peter took his eyes of Christ; then he began to sink.

Of course, we don’t literally walk on water today; that is silly to suggest; but we can possibly draw a spiritual analogy and say the waves in the storm are like our problems; if we take our eyes off Christ then we are likely to ‘sink’, become worried, anxious at all the problems and they may overwhelm us; if we keep our eyes on Christ; and read his Word He will guide us.

Perhaps the writing of the Apostle Paul also speaks to this area a little; the early Christian church was concerned about eating meat that had been offered in pagan religious practices; and then the meat was sold afterwards at the market for general consumption. Take a look at what the Apostle Paul told the early Christians in the article below; he addressed peoples individual consciences and also helped us know how to have unity with Christians and also maintain good relations with the yet-unsaved people we are trying to reach.

hopefully some helpful resources and things to ponder on.

just by way of clarification; I do not speak on behalf of RZIM ministries in any way, shape or form; the ‘acadamy alum’ just refers to having completed the training course, nothing more. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pin - I know the Bible has a fundamental difference - the resurrection of Jesus. this is also the most important thing in the whole Book. The cornerstone of Christianity. This is directly related to the promise of a life-giving spirit. Ravi talk about the bridge between the brain and the heart. This is a big problem.

Brain and Heart

And my opinion is that the more intelligent a person is, the more he thinks, the philosophies the more, and this becomes a problem because there will always be issues that cannot be resolved with the mind and will interfere with the explicit requirement to accept Jesus unreservedly in our heart. Which is the requirement for our salvation according to the Bible. The bible says to look and urges us to research it, but i don’t think there is a person who can understand it completely. It is also recorded there that no one will know the coming of the end times before they come.

I know of many deaths after a medical death, after which a person wakes up, including a heart attack, and even if most of them are fabricated and falsified, still some are quite credible, but I have not heard of any recorded brain death since to bring one back to life.

Bad english

I don’t want to make a topic, even though this one is going to get divorced, and I apologize for my bad English, but I want to say a few things first. They will correspond directly, either indirectly or not with the topic already opened.

I know that I ask difficult questions and now I will think about even more difficult ones, but it would be nice to have people to take attitude. The questions can be even thousands, if not tens of thousands.

Is the Christians grow or opposite?

I get the feeling that Christianity is losing ground globally at the expense of atheism or other religions, including those that do not have sacred books but are practically becoming a kind of sectarianism, such as militant feminism, transgenderism, neoliberalism and so on. Or The New World Order-ism.

Masonic symbols

You ask me what is the problem with masonic symbols in churches. At the very least, they are sacred symbols of those known by different names, which have obviously, for centuries, and perhaps for millennia, been modeling the world for their main purposes and they do not look good. the masonic eye, the pentagram and many more.

These people are really doing a lot of bad things, and anyone interested in knowing at least something about it. They purposefully destroy the identity of a person who is given to be believed as Christians. We are widely invited to all kinds of sins, using all the incredible power they have over people. Don’t go into this topic because I’ve researched it for years.

Reincarnation’s arguments
I don`t agree, just confused or amazed.

In this regard, and because of what is said in the Bible, there are people who you consider, because everything is done according to the plan of God, so they are kind of doers. Why? Well, that was the plan. But why do people have to suffer, millions suffer now. And if the revelation is fulfilled, all will suffer.

Lucifer - Rebelion or God`s Will?

We know that Lucifer rebelled against God. It is said at other times that it was by God’s will. It seems that those who are trying to bring the world to total destruction and as far as we know their god is a lucifer. The Bible itself says that Lucifer is the prince of this world, but if you dig into the oldest preserved transcripts, the word that is translated into the world also means order. As a New World Order.

The Bible also says that Jesus is leaving here and will not return until the second coming. So long as we are left to the Holy Spirit and the Prince.

If u still read or even read this topic.:slight_smile:

Just two or three more and I understand if you get tired of answering me, because besides asking many questions, or comment not in two words, they are also very mixed.

Eternal life

According to the Bible, what awaits us after the end of our earthly journey? I know almost nothing about the Quran, but if I am not mistaken there immediately after death for the one who did it, and this is promised to Paradise and all sorts of beautiful virgins around him.

So as far as i know in the old testament, at least two quotes say that after death you go to the grave at the worms and that’s all. As far as I remember, the New Testament promises us the possibility of eternal life, and it will come after Jesus appears for the second time. Not after our death, but when Jesus came again and fulfilled the Bible’s prophecies. Obviously, if we believe all this, our mortal bodies will have long decayed and billions have already decayed, maybe even billions more will rot, I do not know before that happens and obviously this is the promised life-giving spirit.

And now is one very hard question - it pours water into the mill of the believers in rebirth. I know this question has been asked many times, but it does not have a worthy answer from a Christian point of view.

Why Ppl suffer, even from the cradle?

Why are there enough people who are born with defects, who are born with diseases, even with incurable ones. Why, if we believe in known history, people have been killed each other from the begining of the humankind? Is the Original sin is the good enough answear?

God, Adam, Eve, sin and the Eden Garden

Do u remember what the God did/promise/said/warned in the Eden Garden? In chapter one it is recorded that Adam was created, Eve is not yet, but before the creation of Eve, Adam was told that his offspring would multiply. How exactly like a same-sex one? Or was bisexual created? Not to mention what kind of oriental and various other books he goes to.
Notice that there is still talk of posterity after Adam complains that it is God Himself who creates from the rib of Adam Eve and then there is already talk of Adam and Eve, ie. for man and woman, for mother and father.

I can go on, but this is too much not just for now.

1 Like

You are so correct about the entire Christian message is about Jesus and His life, death, burial and resurrection; in fact the Apostle Paul said plainly

" But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14 And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15 More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19 If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied."

Bridging the gap between brain (intellect) and heart (emotions);

I agree with you, the more intelligent a person is, the more he thinks. I think the key to approaching God with our genuine questions is humility.

“God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.” ( 1 Peter 5:5-6, James 4:6-7) if we approach the Bible in a judgmental attitude (that is, in our minds we are placing ourselves above it and God), we will find it very difficult. If we approach it in a way that says “God I don’t understand this bit, but it’s really bothering me; and I want to learn more about You in order to enter into a closer relationship with You, please help me understand”; then I think we will get a lot further.

Hebrews 11:6 “But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.”

…unless you become like a child, you will in no wise enter the Kingdom of heaven.

I remember a story told by Ravi to illustrate looking at God vs looking at Jesus. I have tried to google for a reference but I cannot find it so I will do my best to re-tell the illustration from memory, as it may have been told in a video message.

A man was telling his friend about how wonderful these new moving pictures were and how he went to these new movie theatres. The man having been there many times before, and his friend having never seen a moving picture before.

The friend was intrigued, and went in while it was still dark, and then after a short time all he could see were these beams of light coming out of a hole in the wall. It didn’t make sense to him, and he left disappointed and confused. He met his friend and shared his confusing experience.

The man took his friend back the next day, and make sure he was facing the right way, to the screen. Suddenly his friend could see things clearly.

Ravi concludes the illustration, by saying if you want to know what God is like, don’t look at the beams of light coming out of the hole in the wall, turn around and look at the picture on the screen: Jesus is God revealed to us.

If you want to know what God is like, look at Jesus, who is God in the flesh, and consider His beauty, majesty and love shown as He gave His life for us, that we might be brought back into a relationship with God.

we do need both intellectual answers, that speak to our mind; and heart (emotional answers), that speak deeply to us;

Eternal Life; Resurrection

Would you mind sharing these passages so we can look at them together?

Yes there was disagreement in Judaism about life after death; The Pharisees and the Saducees taught different things;

When I hear the word ‘rebirth’, I immediately think of Eastern religions;

Take a look at this resource: and I would recommend the book by Ravi Zacharius ‘Jesus Among Other gods’.

In Lecture 9.2 of the Core Module; we looked at Hinduism. Note the thinking ‘each birth is a rebirth’, and the goal is to escape this cycle, and reach the ‘attainment of bliss’ by either the extinction of self or the release/liberation of self.

1.All life is unity
• The essence is Atman – not independent of ultimate reality
• Chandogya Upanishad: Classic conversation – what is his essence?
The essence of life is at that core which cannot even be visible and
it permeates all that exists, and eternally so.
2. Each birth is a rebirth
3. Each birth is determined by karma
4. The human condition is misery and opportunity
“If I have come into this world I have to live. If living means
drinking poison, I have to drink it.” – From the movie
Mother India (1957)
5.The goal for the essential self is the attainment of bliss
• Nirvana (Buddism – extinction)
• Moksha (Hinduism – release or liberation)
6. Techniques are provided for that attainment

1. Jnana – knowledge, wisdom, understanding
  2. Karma – works/asceticism
  3. Bhakti – devotional life
    What happens at the end is that you move from the objective to
    the subjective; from plurality to unity; from matter to spirit.
  4. Each person is free to choose his or her own path
    8.Any technique faithfully followed will realize the goal of dharma
    The goal is to ultimately break off from this karmic cycle.

When we compare ‘rebirth’ to resurrection in Christianity it is vastly different:

" It is appointed for man once to die, and after this; the judgement;". Hebrews 9:27

My understanding is that there are two judgement seats;

For Christians; who have placed their faith in Christ’s completed work on the Cross; the legal requirements of sin has been paid in full by Christ’s atoning death on the cross. Christians(believers) will be at the ‘bema seat’ of Christ; which speaks of rewards.

for the unsaved; who have rejected the free gift of salvation and have not believed on Jesus; they are condemned (as it says in John 3:16-18)

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

; they will stand before the Great White Throne Judgement;

Now; as the article states there are different views; but the important part is that Jesus is the Judge;

Whichever view one holds of the great white throne judgment, it is important to never lose sight of the facts concerning the coming judgment(s). First, Jesus Christ will be the judge, all unbelievers will be judged by Christ, and they will be punished according to the works they have done. The Bible is very clear that unbelievers are storing up wrath against themselves (Romans 2:5) and that God will “give to each person according to what he has done” (Romans 2:6). Believers will also be judged by Christ, but since Christ’s righteousness has been imputed to us and our names are written in the book of life, we will be rewarded, but not punished, according to our deeds. Romans 14:10-12 says that we will all stand before the judgment seat of Christ and that each one of us will give an account to God.

regarding the Muslim doctrine of salvation and origin of sin; I believe that Muslim’s have a very strong view of determinism; ‘if Allah wills’.

perhaps this article may be a helpful overview starting point:

Suffering
this is a huge area of discussion; and really important not to give philosophical answers to people who are suffering. Yes, the Fall of Man brought sin; and suffering into the world, and yes Original Sin is an answer. One of my favorite speakers; John Lennox talks on suffering and asks a new question for us to ponder; “Why did the eternal Creator God; enter into our suffering and humble Himself to be tortured and killed by His Creation!?!” Talk about a display of Love!! God did not stand distant; but put into action the amazing plan of redemption of Humanity through Jesus Christ.

Also, if interested in this topic; check out the Tim Keller book; he covers the different worldviews trying to answer the problem of suffering (the philosophical answer); then in the second part of the book answers the person questions to those that are suffering).

God, Adam, Eve, sin and the Eden Garden
So the account of creation of Man:
Genesis 1:26-29 gives the ‘high level’ picture of creation;

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

God announces his intention; (note the Trinity there; ‘Us’)

27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

man would mean ‘mankind’, not a single male; as it says male and female he created ‘them’ (plural).

28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that [h]moves on the earth.”

then Genesis 2 the account ‘zooms in’ and gives us the detail.

4 This is the [a]history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens, 5 before any plant of the field was in the earth and before any herb of the field had grown. For the Lord God had not caused it to rain on the earth, and there was no man to till the ground; 6 but a mist went up from the earth and watered the whole face of the ground.

There was no rain; and mankind was not yet created.

7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

God made Adam (male) from dust (not from another animal as evolution would suggest).

8 The Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed. 9 And out of the ground the Lord God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Adam was placed in the garden;

15 Then the Lord God took [d]the man and put him in the garden of Eden to [e]tend and keep it. 16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you[f] shall surely die.”

Now this is interesting; in the historical timeline; God told Adam to not eat of the tree of good and evil; Eve was not yet created (but it’s safe to assume that God either told Eve later; or that Adam told her; because God would not hold Eve morally accountable for something she was not aware of)

18 And the Lord God said, “ It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.” 19 Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to [g]Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him.

God said that it wasn’t good that Adam was alone; and we know this as we are all built for relationships with others.

21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. 22 Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He [h]made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.

23 And Adam said:

“This is now bone of my bones
And flesh of my flesh;
She shall be called [i]Woman,
Because she was taken out of [j]Man.”

24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be[k] joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

So in summary to your questions:

God made male and female (Genesis 1:27); and their offspring would multiply;
Genesis 2 gives us the detailed story of the timeline of Adam and Eve.

Jesus affirmed the literal Adam and Eve; mankind was made in God’s image; thus assigning value to them equally;

( Matthew 19:4-6) And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who [a]made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Have you checked out the BibleProject ‘made in God’s image’ video? It’s very cool. :slight_smile:

For more reading on this area of interest; check out Sam Allberry book ‘Is God anti gay?’; and the RZIM video stream ‘How can I know my gender?’. Both are excellent resources…

and this discussion from a while ago:

regarding this line:

Are you talking about where did the races come from?
I would say that Adam and Eve contains the genetic chromosomes for all humanity; and that language was confused at Babel; and as a result of the dispersion of people from the tower of Babel; we then get genetic diversity resulting in different people groups we see today; I don’t hold to different ‘races’; as I think there is only the human race; all made in God’s image and with infinite value.

Bit of a long post; hopefully some helpful discussion and some starting points of interest to take a look at… God bless you as you draw closer to Him in faith and learn more. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

I want to tell you that I am here with no ill intentions. I’m here and right here, becouse Ravi impressed me. In addition to being the best Christian apologist I have ever seen, I like that he do not avoids questions, whether they are uncomfortable or even seem deliberate. I am also here because I need to speak with other Christians or those who seek it. Maybe I’m here to share things that I’m interested in. We are living in a digital age, but I see that the activity of Christians is diminishing.

I think and i feel that I must share with you that for years I have been interested in all kinds of books, including those which is called occult. But I’ve never, ever opened a book for magic and rituals. This is something disgusting to me and I don’t even want to know the titles of these books. I was also disgusted with how Jesus was described in the Jewish books.

I also want to tell you something about my country. It’s a small country. Centuries ago it was the most powerful country in Europe, for decades even more powerful than Western and Eastern Rome.

Our earlier kings / rulers from the point of view of Christianity are pagans (just to note that the word pagans comes from Rome but its origin is from “the ancient greek” Hellas and means all who are not from Hellas). The irony is that our ancestors are part of Hellas.

I also feel that I have to share with you something from my past that still scares me. I was young, stupid and so on. When i was young i smoked weed (but I didn’t use anything stronger that self maded weed, as much as many ppl offered me, like pico or even stronger). I was in a hotel room. The girl I met only a few hours earlier had pulled out cigarettes with weed. We smoked, we drunk some Vodka, but especially i drunk just a lil bit of that Vodka. And there is coming that isssue, wich is almost graved by the years, but but whenever I think of it, there is a hint of fear.

Memory number 1 - this is like a seconds like i can describe it. I was like a projections ot mine body, I ascended to the ceiling.
I seemed to see my body and how i look ascending to the ceiling, only this is no way for my body as my body was lying in a chair asleep or dead.
I didn’t feel it like me, even the body who was on the chair with closed eyes i dont feel like it is a part of me.
And when the mine “head” got ont the ceiling , I felt a lot of fear and suddenly it all disappeared and my next memory is how I open my eyes to that chair.

Of course, I agree that there is one thing in Christianity that is above all, and that is to believe in the resurrection of Jesus, to accept Jesus in your heart, and in that way you can receive redemption and eternal life.After all, what kind of knowledge we have about Christianity is only from the Bible and we don’t have anything else. That is, we will believe it or will not. But I do not think it is an obstacle to talk about something from the Bible and the world, society and so on.

I agree that there is nothing in the Bible, at least as far as I know it, that will make us not believe in it. But there are things that can cast a shadow on faith.

I repeat the question again - does God know everything and has foreseen everything. I will elaborate on the topic below.

Genesis says that God creates Adam, but later he sees that Adam feels lonely and creates Eve. Therefore, the question arises whether God knows everything and foresees everything. This part of being seems to tell us that he has not foreseen that Adam will feel lonely and makes sense of it later.
However, the question also arises whether something in the Bible has been taken away from the word of God, and whether things other than the word of God have been added.

There is one quote in the Old Testament in which God warns nothing to be taken away and nothing to be invented.
There is also a quote in the New Testament that threatens that anyone who does so will be severely punished. This, of course, is nothing even far from any proof that anyone did it, but it raises doubts, because apparently, even God, Who know the human nature was afraid that it was possible to do so.

About the Bible and what it says about death. There are several quotes in the Ecclesiastes, which can be summed up by the fact that one comes from the dust and after death goes to the dust and his soul / spirit leaves him. What actually drives the human body and makes it a living person. Whatever that is.

This directly throws me at the similarities or differences between soul and spirit. Does the man own both?

There are different translations, many people argue that there was a fundamental difference between them, and in many places between one translation and the other it turned out so that the meaning became very different. However, I argue that this is not the case, there are many differences between the phrases used in the different translations, but in essence and meaning they overlap.

But the soul / spirit case is really different in my opinion. The oldest known versions of the Bible are more about the soul, the drive mechanism. The life giving one.

Matthew, if I understand you correctly, you say that Adam was created with two sexes. Whether or not this is true in Genesis tells us that Adam was able to reproduce offspring before Eve, where, among other things, it is very debatable whether it is a rib or a portion of Adam.

In general, any book that preaches anything other than the Bible is considered occult. We also have evolutionism / materialism. However, we must make a difference, because as in Christianity there are many denominations, like in esoterics and evolutionism they have.

Again, I admit that in the case of Christianity against pure evolutionism and in the case of Christianity against other religions, Christianity has fundamental differences.

For me, Genesis, and especially the first chapters, seemed somehow different to the rest of the Bible (but as far as I know it). The creation of the world happens the way evolutionists imagine it, with the general difference that Christians believe that God created the world, while evolutionists generally do not believe that God exists.

Concerning Christianity against other religions, we know very well that the fundamental difference is the resurrection of Jesus. As far as I know in the Bible, two resurrections are described, the first one of Jesus, the other is Lazarus, who is resurrected by Jesus.

About the NWO and conspiracies I can tell you that I have studied them for years and their most preferred method of infiltration is to mix truths with lies, thus achieving the greatest confusion in man. Years ago, I stopped dealing with them because I stopped seeing the point of doing it. They do what they do.

Also I am aware that these people draw on ancient knowledge. Here I must note that there are many afferents, buildings and so on that are very strange and which prove well enough that the ancients have received knowledge, which is not even known today (officially) with the 21st century. Or at least it is not known about official science, that of books and universities.

These people are doing everything they can to make the world a more and more and more bad place to live. And I believe that all this dates back to ancient Egypt or even Sumer.

As for race, I didn’t mean the promise of Adam’s offspring, but after you asked, I can say that the anthropological differences between the races, in my opinion, are to some extent due to the environment. For example, black people are thought to originate in Africa, black because they have much more melatonin in their skin, their noses larger because they live in hot climates with an eternal and very hot summer and very strong sun. People with drawn eyes assume that they lived a lot in the steppes with high winds and a lot of dust in the wind, Scandinavians are quite white because they are rarely warmed by the warm sun. But more than that, I have no idea what the other reasons might be. This is all I know.

1 Like

:slight_smile: don’t worry you are welcome here; this is the place to talk about hard questions. thankyou for sharing your journey. Yes I also find Ravi and the speakers at RZIM excellent; and like you say they don’t avoid hard questions, but most importantly not just argue to win the argument; but to be able to have a good conversation and point people to Jesus. I admire them a lot.

thankyou for having courage to share this; I did a little reading about the use of marijuana, and how alcohol can cause the THC chemical to act more strongly in a person’s system and cause hallucinations. It sounds like you describe an ‘out of body’ experience. Perhaps this is what has happened.

I have been reading some forums about people who describe a similar experience; and also people that are actively trying to achieve an ‘out of body experience’ using marijuana with occult practices in order to achieve enlightenment or a higher spiritual understanding etc. I will not share them here as I don’t think it’s helpful.

If this is really troubling you it might be helpful to talk things through with a Christian counsellor or Christian psychologist as I’m neither qualified in this area, nor is it in the scope of this forum to provide medical advice or counselling. A general article can be read here from a Biblical perspective regarding ‘astral projections’ and out of body experiences. (https://www.gotquestions.org/out-of-body-experience.html)

One book that I recommend highly is written by John MacArthur called ‘Anxious for Nothing’; (https://www.amazon.com/Anxious-Nothing-Cares-Macarthur-Study/dp/1434702979) and I’ve personally read it about 5 or 6 times as I have in the past struggled with depression and anxiety. It is written as a ‘Christian counselling’ resource; not a clinical psychologist resource.

Genesis

sorry if I was unclear; let me summarise; sorry I was so long in my previous post.

• Genesis 1:27 states ‘male and female, created he them’. the word ‘them’ is plural meaning more than one person. (remember the Genesis 1:26-29 account is the summary of all creation in Genesis 1, then we move to Genesis 2 the detailed account of creation of mankind)
  • Adam was a literal male, created first from dust. Genesis 2:7
  • Eve was a literal female, created from Adam’s rib (or side as you say; the Hebrew is ‘tsela’ https://biblehub.com/hebrew/6763.htm) Genesis 2:20-25
  • Jesus, in Matthew 19:4-6 quotes Genesis, affirming that male and female created, and states God’s design for marriage.

God’s foreknowledge

this is a very big topic; and I won’t try and answer it all here as there are many topics on the forum about this. I would simply say that

• Yes, God has omniscience, and God is in control of history
  • God has created man as a free moral agent, responsible for his choices.

The Genesis account states that in chronological order

• God created Adam
  • God said it’s not good for man to be alone. This doesn’t imply God was surprised or learnt some new information. It’s just God stating a fact for our benefit that He would have already known. The Bible is God’s revelation to us as humanity.
  • God created Eve.

I don’t think that this implies that parts of the record are missing; the purpose of the historical account is not to give minute detail; but simply to state that God is eternal; and he created the universe; including mankind in His image. I liked the 7 part video series on the Torah from theBibleProject (sorry if I keep linking to them, I’m just a big fan of their work from an artistic point of view, and how they help get more deeply into reading the Bible) : https://thebibleproject.com/explore/torah-series/

yes, the reference in the Old Testament is Deuteronomy 4:2, Deuteronomy 12:32, and in the New Testament is Revelation 22:18-19

How God created

yes there are many different views of ‘how God created’ and the geological time frames. What is without question is that God created; He is the eternal first cause; and the universe had a starting point. A self creating universe is a logical contradiction as John Lennox points out so well (he is one of my favourite authors).
from https://www.rzim.org/read/just-thinking-magazine/stephen-hawking-and-god

Take, for instance, Hawking’s statement quoted above: “Because there is a law of gravity the universe can and will create itself from nothing.” Clearly, he assumes that gravity (or perhaps only the law of gravity?) exists. That is not nothing. So the universe is not created from nothing.

Worse still, the statement “the universe can and will create itself from nothing” is self-contradictory. If I say, “X creates Y,” this presupposes the existence of X in the first place in order to bring Y into existence. If I say “X creates X,” I presuppose the existence of X in order to account for the existence of X. To presuppose the existence of the universe to account for its existence is logically incoherent.

A helpful table was shared to me by another member of the forum; I personally am in the ‘young earth creation’ camp; but share many views and am learning more about ‘progressive creationism’, sometimes known as ‘day age’. I’m not a scientist but enjoy learning more as I’m able to.

Meaning of Life / Is Death the end…?

Yes, Solomon wrote Ecclesiastes as a really good ‘wake up call’ to all of us that live our lives ‘under the sun’. The phrase repeats ‘under the sun’ meaning a life lived without God, the emptiness of a life lived purely from an earthly perspective (https://www.gotquestions.org/dead-know-nothing.html). I remember a really good message just recently shared by Ravi Zacharias about the problem of pleasure. Well worth a watch if you haven’t already.

Soul and Spirit
regarding Soul and Spirit; yes there is much discussion about this; I have always originally understood man to be body, soul and spirit. Body is obvious, the physical part. Soul, is the ‘part’ of me that lives past death, until the physical resurrection, and perhaps spirit is the life force of the body; ‘loaned’ by God? so I would say that an animal has a body (physical), and a ‘spirit’ (life-force) that God has given, but no soul (no moral responsibility is the most important distinction between man and animal).

Apparently the historical origins of the ‘soul’ might be from Greek . I haven’t really studied deeply in this area;
theBibleProject did do a video on ‘nephesh’; which gets translated into soul in the Bible which might be of interest?..

Thankyou for continuing the conversation; I’m enjoying having the discussion… I hope it’s been helpful for you also… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

At least for now … I feel that I have stopped asking more and more some for another not very clear things in the Bible. As with the soul and the spirit, there are many things that are not clear enough. I watched the video, i red articles even today again on this subject I know that both terms it used for different things. Now I want to share in my mind some things that excite me in the Bible. As well as some theories that may seem absurd. The question of soul and spirit excites me, but I do not think that it is logically possible to give an exact answer to what is, in certain quotes it seems that the soul is the driving mechanism in others that it is the spirit and also other…things. BTW God declarated by Himself/s he also have a soul.

But also is true, that many of the scientific theories with status of truth are less proven than what is described in the Bible.

P.s. - Yea i did the last ot mine types of this post exactly in this place of the post to repeat the most important. We have the majority of all, the main thing from the Bible - the Ressurection ot Jesus, that we must accept Him and then we have promised salvation. We may believe or not. But listen - we don`t have better offer than Jesus promise to us. Even if this is not a true, we can only win if we believe.

A bit more philosophical talk this time :slight_smile:

So well, based on memory, with very light checks in the book, let’s see.

Living soul - think - Living Soul, beside soul mean also life, this is like living life. And this is the absolutely literal translation of Hebrew.

And God said let be this and this and this and this. This we can named word or speech is mentioned elsewhere.When we repeat bad words do we not attract the bad? And when we repeat nice things, do we attract the good. It makes sense, though it may look kind of occult. I believe that human science knows very little about the world.

Ye shall know them by their fruits - This is a very good point in the Bible because it speaks of the fruits, of the consequences. Not for intentions or even actions. Although it is often possible for a person to cause bad consequences due to good intentions or actions.

The prophet Danail and the uknown stranger with the linen garment standing on the river. Is this a dream of Daniel or did he see this in live (not while sleeping). I ask this because, as i know knowledge, if i am not wrong, apologists claim that God’s messengers never appear to people in person.

Аnd of course:
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. Was made, was made, was made. I will not comment. Plase you do it.

Fantasy Books - wanna ask do you red fantasy books, do u know or read about the book the Wheel of Times by R. Jordan and if yes will you comment some?

New Testament in hebrew

I want to notice these this things:

1. Whether the New Testament was first written in Hebrew or in Greek does not matter. In the beginning, I wrote that this time I intended to share a strange theory and talk a little philosophically or intellectually. Along with the biblical question.
  2. I typed to many times word “greek” and just want to note this is a that this is a term imposed centuries later. In the time of Jesus we can talk about Hellenes, cities of the states and so on but not the greeks.

I accidentally came across a theory that the New Testament never existed in the Hebrew in paper before it was written in ancient Greek. I’m just adding a little bit of myself into this THEORY. Jesus’ contemporaries have witnessed what he has done. There was no need to record it while he was among the people. In addition, one’s memoirs are usually written when he or she is gone. I say memoirs because to a large extent the New Testament is also a type of memoir of Jesus.

As far as we know, the greek New Testament was written in the years when apostles or their disciples preached outside of Judea as a bow. As far as we know, they are heading west. We also know that Jesus is badly received in the Jewish lands, we know that he is saved in Syria. We know that the Greeks were the most educated at that time in this area on western ot Judea. We also know that at that time there were not many people who could write and read.

Jesus’ followers go to lands where the people have hardly heard of Him. Moreover, over time, year after year, the oral transmission of knowledge and, in some cases, the message that is the New Testament would normally and logically have faded and, if not written in paper, could have been lost.

Anyway, before the official approval of the gospels that make them a book, we have this and that recorded. And there are traces that when the Gospels were recorded on paper, they initially (largely because of the low education of the mass of people) gathered in groups where one educated, who at least could read read the scripture, or rather part of it, of the uneducated

This is not strange, and is not in any way directed against doubts about the authenticity of the Bible. In fact, according to some historians and many Jews, their sacred books (Judaism books) were passed on for generations orally before being written on paper. This may be true, but it is a different case for them, because as far as we know it was transmitted very strictly from teacher to student, the work was distributed and everything was transmitted not just word for word, but comma :slight_smile:

Yes, it is almost certain that this or that of the New Testament was written in hebrew, whether before or during the greek New Testament.

But do you think the following is true? Christianity first spread to Greece, where it began to gain popularity and then west to Rome. Obviously, the New Testament in particular is aimed at everyone, not just Jews. Yes, there were Jews in the West of Judea but the biggest part of the people are from many races and many languages. BUT, many of them have understood Greek. In fact, historians claim that Rome was largely inhabited by Greeks.

The Thracians, who according to Herodotus are the second most numerous people on earth, understood and wrote in Greek.

And also as we know, the hebrew New Testament is happen a centuries later. Why? So, why, why, Becouse Judaism reject Jesus, and still reject Him.

Is this theory, i repeat theory is too weird?

One big P.S. Mat, i am very glad u responce, but why only you. as if every day the activity of Christians is diminishing. You know the world we live in. Like I said, Ravi is the best apologist I’ve ever seen. Apart from knowing how to speak, he did not speak empty talk and was out of the question. Look at other apologists of the newer generation, who are kind of Ravi’s disciples. Yes they are good too. I am fully aware that today, when you release the greatest simplicity possible on YouTube, probably tens and hundreds of millions will look at it, but worthy things like Ravi’s lecture I will watch it in the tens or at most hundreds of thousands. For the third time, I say - I know what times we live in, I know how the younger generations infiltrate.
Could this be a digger in recent times? Just to clarify that recent times can be a pretty broad concept measured in human years. If people were always at war, they did this and that, not for god’s sake, but there was never such global coordination. There are just technologies now that allow it. There have been empires for millennia, but from our modern point of view, they were local empires.

I think that there are two things here; our thoughts and our speech, and this follows to our actions. All these things come from our innermost being; our heart. As so you rightly say; ‘Ye shall know them by their fruits’. As a Christian, who has placed their trust in Christ’s finished work on the cross; we are His. As a result, we do expect to see our hearts changing for the better as a result of salvation; and this flows to our actions.

Thoughts
In Philippians 4; there is one of my favourite promises. The helpful instruction is to meditate on good things, and the promise is that God will give peace. (Meditation is not emptying of our mind and waiting for something to fill it like pagan religions, but rather think deeply on who God is and what he has revealed in His word). Notice the double promise; don’t be anxious, but be thankful to God for what he gives us and pray for what we need; and the peace of God will guard your heart. I really like the idea of peace being a guardian against things that bother us. Then in verse 8 there are the good things to ponder, and again the promise in verse 9; this time that God (of peace) himself will be with us.

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

There is the idea of ‘karma’ in eastern religions, good follows good, bad follows bad, but as a Christian I look to what God says; there is the Biblical principal of we reap what we sow.

(sorry to point to the Bible project again); but there is a very cool three part video series on Wisdom; perhaps you’ve seen it, particularly in Proverbs there is much Wisdom we can learn wise principles to help us (https://thebibleproject.com/explore/wisdom-series/)

Speech
James the brother of Jesus spoke of just how hard it is to control our tongues; In James 3, there is the examples of controlling ships by a small rudder; controlling horse by a bit in their mouth; and then the contrast of how uncontrollable the tongue is.

Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. 6 The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.

7 All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and sea creatures are being tamed and have been tamed by mankind, 8 but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.

9 With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. 10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. 11 Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring?

then the rest of the chapter compares Worldly Wisdom with Godly Wisdom…

God created that which was good (in Genesis); we don’t ‘create’ with our speech literally; but we do have power to build someone up, or power to tear someone down; so in a way we are ‘creating’ a better or a worse world by our speech and actions…

Messengers from God in the Bible (Angels)

There are many accounts of God sending angels to deliver messages. You mentioned Daniel 10 and the unknown stranger.

I would suggest that this passage might be what is called a ‘Christophany’ or a theophany; a meeting with the pre-Incarnate Christ (God the Son). https://www.gotquestions.org/theophany-Christophany.html has a list of them to take a look at.

https://biblehub.com/commentaries/daniel/10-5.htm and https://biblehub.com/commentaries/daniel/10-6.htm has some good commentary on who this was; either an angelic messenger; or the pre-Incarnate Christ.

see also: https://thebibleproject.com/explore/spiritual-beings/

re Fantasy Books; I’ve only read the Narnia series by CS Lewis; and have seen the Hobbit/Lord of the Rings movies… I loved the clear picture of Christ as Aslan in the Narnia series.

Greek / Hebrew / How we got our Bible
To try and summarise;

• Old Testament was written in Hebrew
  • New Testament was written in Greek
  • and some verses and passages were written in Aramaic
    (an important Greek translation of the Old Testament is called the Septuagint.)

https://www.bibleodyssey.org/tools/bible-basics/what-are-the-earliest-versions-and-translations-of-the-bible

Also, I will share here a very good diagram of the various english translations that SeanO shared a while ago from the discussion thread:

also video 1 of ‘How to Read the Bible series’ talks about how we got our Bible (https://thebibleproject.com/explore/how-to-read-the-bible/)

Spread of Christianity
The spread of Christianity is a big topic and lots of research can be done; the Apostle Paul made three missionary journeys; as he was called of God to share the Good News to the Gentiles (non Jews); and the apostle Peter was to share the good news to the Jews. The Luke-Acts mini series (https://thebibleproject.com/explore/gospel-series/) especially is interesting showing Paul’s missionary journeys.

I’m glad to respond, and it’s really great to have a discussion; we have covered a lot of topics; but only very generally and not deeply.

if you wanted others response too, I’d suggest just ask a single question per topic in the forum.

The ‘Bible Questions’, ‘Daily Evangelism’, ‘Christian Growth’, and ‘Science Questions’ areas are for all to discuss topics and ask questions and help each other. If you would like to ask a question directly of the RZIM itinerate speakers you can ask this in the ‘Ask RZIM’ topic. There is one speaker per week who answers hard questions in depth.
just by way of clarification; the ‘Acadamy Alum’ just means I’ve done one of the training courses (the Core Module http://rzimacademy.org/courses/core-module/ ) ; I don’t work for, or speak on behalf of RZIM, I just enjoy joining in the forum and learning more… (I live in Australia, half a world away from Atlanta where RZIM is based :slight_smile: ). You will notice that @CarsonWeitnauer, @KMac and @Joshua_Hansen are our friendly forum moderators…

just an afterthought… I grew up in a conservative denomination; and I’m really encouraged by being on this forum; and chatting with Christians from many different denominations and seeing how God is working all over the world. I’m reminded (sorry to harp on about theBibleProject) of two theme videos they put out; ‘Exile’ and ‘Way of the Exile’; which helps us to understand how to live as Christians in the world; and to be encouraged. (https://thebibleproject.com/explore/exile/) (https://thebibleproject.com/explore/way-of-the-exile/)

some verses I find very encouraging are from Matthew 28.

But the angel answered and said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. 6 He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. 7 And go quickly and tell His disciples that He is risen from the dead,

and part of the great commission in Matthew 28:16-20 Jesus said;

and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

and also in Matthew 16 said

“I will build my church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it”

We serve a risen Saviour; who ever lives to make intercession for us ( Hebrews 7:25)

Mat, thanks for that conversation. To be honest:
for me, everything about the Bible and faith in Christ is a matter of faith, but Ravi, and now you can fill in the gaps. I may disagree with this or that opinion and explanation. We are largely philosophical. do you have the feeling that we should talk to ourselves whether we are true believers or seekers / those who want to believe truly?
Again, I know that the most important point of view of Christianity is known to me. We need to believe in Jesus faithfully, then accept Him, and from there we will wait for judgment. Everything else is dust. who is falling apart. But again I say, I need to communicate with other Christians or those who try to be Christians, and all this is not meaningless to me.

1 Like

Absolutely, I agree with you. The core of the Christian faith is actually very simple; it is about Who Jesus is, and what He did (died on our behalf). It’s been said that the Gospel (Good News) in a nutshell is John 3:16 (which we have mentioned in the posts above).

Some verses in Romans make it very clear; we are sinners, separated from God because of sin; and Jesus has made the way open to be brought back into a relationship with God; both now and into eternity. Some have described the verses in Romans as the ‘Romans Road’ of salvation (https://www.gotquestions.org/Romans-road-salvation.html)

Ephesians 2:8-9 is also a great passage and very clear; God offers his gift of Grace; We respond in Faith; and Salvation is the result;

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Our faith is based on evidence, and we can grow and learn more, and talk together about things, and yes definitely as Ravi said in one of his talks; if we talk long enough we’ll probably disagree with one another on some things, which is fine as we are all different people. The thing is we can disagree well, and especially ask questions of each other, and most importantly we can learn from each other and all come together in agreement on Who Jesus Christ is. This is what I also like about this forum also, someone shares something; and I think to myself “what, I don’t agree with that”; and it prompts me to go back to the Bible and study some more to see where they are coming from and to understand more.

Thanks again for the conversation; I look forward to other questions and sharing you’ll post in the forums into the future. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: God bless as you seek truth in Him. :slight_smile:

I asking myself, why i start asking. I dont have a a pretty good answer. But for me nothing in this world or universi is not like happened “just like that”.

Even before I started asking questions, I knew one thing I shared about it, the most important thing that the cell tells us to say again is our Book, whether we are deep believers or we want to achieve it.

I did not have any special expectations when asking, but after the conversation, I confirm the opinion that it is not unimportant to explain to anyone who is better off to start some things. I repeat myself that for me in the teaching of Christ, what we have as Bible knowledge is what it is, and even if we have doubts about whether or not we have the most basic thing, the resurrection, the acceptance, and then the judgment.

Now, here is about 02:0) O`clock and i am feel tired
physically. U are from US, and this remind me this - in our country…what to say. Here we have a lil amount ot books in the market, and according to our …financial issue it is quite imposible to many people to bough books. I dont know even for a single book writen by Ravi which has been translated in my country and in my language.

Even in utub i know only one short video with Ravi which is translated.

Ok, i understand english, but i can not type in english very well… as u saw.
So, ok i understand english, but many ot mine countrymates do not.

And this probably is the problem of the spread of the Christ in every country where english is not a native.

Why? Becouse the biggest apologets of our time speek in english.

1 Like

Hi, guys! Wow. I have just been catching up on the conversation from the last 2 weeks. There are loads of very deep questions you’ve brought, @kpetrov, so thank you for engaging on here. May I ask what country you are based in? I would love to see if there are some further resources in your native language that I could point you to. :slight_smile: Is that something you can share with us publicly?

1 Like

Hi, @Kmac, tahanks for the good words. I am from Bulgaria.

I have a lot and lot of questions and many of them are hardly, but we already talked here what is the most important think about the Chrisnd and us. And years ago, I took it for granted that the teachings of Christianity have told us the most important thing.
But it’s not a problem to talk about different things, and it’s better to spend time talking for christianity, the Book, Society, World so on, instead to talk in a movie forum, for example. About Ravi i also like that he speak and think not only ideologically, but philosophically as well.

Atm i am interested about some very good lecture, or debate about the theory of evolution.

1 Like