If God is using you for a service, does it mean he is pleased with you?

If God is using you for a service, does it mean he is pleased with you? If so, why? If, not why?

3 Likes

@Kay92019 Based on the following Scriptures, I would say that a person can build God’s Kingdom without being in God’s Kingdom. It all depends on motivation - are we serving from a pure heart or for other motives? While I think it can be easy to point the finger on this one at people who are obviously seeking monetary gain, I think it calls us to look inward and examine our own hearts in the presence of Christ. Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Philippians 1:15-18 - It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. 16 The latter do so out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. 17 The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. 18 But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.

Matthew 23:1-3, 13 - Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to His disciples, saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the chair of Moses; therefore all that they tell you, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds; for they say things and do not do them.…But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You lock up the kingdom of heaven from people. For you don’t go in, and you don’t allow those entering to go in.

2 Likes