If the Genesis creation days are six consecutive periods of time when can we date the Biblical record? If you will day 8 is eviction day?

hughross
old-earth
creation

(RZIM Connect Member) #1

Mr. Ross

If the Genesis creation days are six consecutive, non-overlapping, literal long periods of time when can we date the Biblical record? if you will day 8? I will define day 8 as eviction day? Adam and Eve are no longer innocent and are suffering under the curse. Is this a fair question?

(Hugh Ross) #2

It is a very good question. As I explain in my book, Navigating Genesis, the grammar, word choices, and word placements used in Genesis 1:1-1:2 imply that God created the universe, Sun, Earth, and Moon before the six days of creation. I believe the beginning of creation day 1 is when God creates Earth’s first life. That event would date the beginning of creation day 1 at 3.8 billion years ago. The four rivers that Genesis 2 names coming together in the Garden of Eden implies that God created Adam and Eve sometime during the last ice age. Today, that location is about 250 feet below sea level. However, during the last ice age it was above sea level. Therefore, Genesis 2 implies that God created Adam and Eve at some time between 130,000 and 18,000 years ago. The creation of Eve would mark the end of creation day 6 and the beginning of creation day 7. Note that in Genesis 1-2 there is no evening and morning for the seventh day. That lack implies that we still are in God’s seventh day, a conclusion that is confirmed by Psalm 95, John 5, and Hebrews 4. According to Romans 8:22-23 the seventh day will not end until the full number of humans that God intends to redeem have been redeemed. Thus, we are still in God’s seventh day. However, an eighth day is coming when God will create again. Revelation 21-22 describes the new creation.
In your context, eviction day occurred shortly after the beginning of the God’s seventh day. Graduation day will occur at the end of the seventh day. For much more on this subject see my books, A Matter of Days, 2nd expanded edition and Navigating Genesis.

(Kay Kalra) #3