Importance of U.S. Embassy moving to Jerusalem?

(Gilbert Kiaha) #1

Aloha Brothers & Sisters in Christ!

I need spiritual guidance regarding why the U.S. Embassy was moved to Jerusalem? I am a substitute teacher at a local high school here in Las Vegas, NV. and my kids seem puzzled/confused concerning the importance of specific question mentioned above. Honestly, I think the “media” has a lot do with it, steering them away from what is truth and what is false… I am digging into scripture myself of answering the question (Bereans Acts 17:11), so I am better prepared to answer my kids with God’s wisdom/gentleness/compassion…

Mahalo’s in advance and so enjoy this RZIM CONNECT platform…

Blessings, Gil & Sammi

(Jimmy Sellers) #2

I believe there are two basic issues here 1)Jerusalem and its significance to Israel both past and present 2) The United States’ decision to move its embassy to Jerusalem now. I know there are related but I don’t know how much history is being taught these days and the answers could easily touch history and intersect three of the worlds great religion. Which of these is in question?

(SeanO) #3

@polynesianarms Are you asking if the move of the US embassy is possibly related to Christ’s return? Are your kids asking specific questions or just shaken by the violence?

As I am sure you are aware, Matthew 24:36 says no one knows the day or hour of Christ’s return. Regarding ethnic Israel, some Christians believe the Church is the new Israel - in which case events in modern day Israel are no more important than events in other nations because all Christians everywhere are part of the “Israel of God”. Other Christians believe God has separate plans for the Church and ethnic Israel, in which case it is possible events in Israel are related to God’s plan to redeem ethnic Israel.

But no matter which view you take - since no one knows when Christ will return and Jesus is the Good Shepherd - there is no reason to be concerned or shaken by these events. But let us pray for those who have suffered loss.

Lord Jesus, bless the families of those killed with peace and draw all people to Yourself through the love of the Church.

Please let me know if you need clarification on any of those points.

Blessings in Christ!

(Gilbert Kiaha) #4

Brother Jimmy! Mahalo’s for your answer & spiritual guidance…

Blessings, Gil

(Gilbert Kiaha) #5

Aloha SeanO!

Mahalo’s for your quick response & insight spiritually…

On my behalf, sorry for the late response…

Blessings,

Gil

(SeanO) #6

Aloha @polynesianarms!

Mahalo for the good question.

Christ be with you,
Sean