Support RZIM Connect

In the Image of God?

What does it mean that we are made in the image of God?
I know that like the Trinity, we are made to love and for love. We are made for community and made to be in relationship with God. In a way, God is in relationship with himself through the trinity, so is this what it means?
Are there specific things it means when it says we are made in God’s image? Where do we draw the line?

1 Like

Man was, originally, made in God’s image, but the Bible implies that man lost that image after the original sin. The Bible says this image is restored by belief in Jesus.

Hi! @Sgpage

That’s a very interesting question. I would like to expand some verses that talk about this :slight_smile:

1. Genesis 1:26-27 Says that God mad us in his image. What does this imply? A lot of things but I think the most important one is that since we are created with an specific design, all humans lives hace intrinsic value. And this is beautiful because this eliminates the relative standards for human value that society nowadays wants to invent.

2. Romas 3:23 Say that we all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. So, basically we have gone away from this design.

3. Hebrews 1:3 Says that Jesus purified our sins through his dead and now we have a restores relationship with the father.

I thinks this is the most important topics of the question. Now, moving to the second part of your question. What does specifically means that we are made in the image of God? As 1 Corinthians 2:16 says, we have some qualities that God has. Does that makes us gods? No, we are still sinful mortal creatures. But, we will spend eternity with God. In the meantime, God wants us to have the thoughts and mind of Christ so that we can love each other as you say and share the gospel with those ho have never heard of it.

God Bless!

1 Like