Introduction: Abby Baumgartner

member_introductions

(Abigail Baumgartner) #1

Hi everyone! My name is Abby and I am a high school student in the US. I became a Christian at 12 years old. I started listening to RZIM podcasts a little over a year ago during a time of great doubt. God has used RZIM and people in my daily life to renew my faith and show me that belief in him is not a blind faith, but one that engages the heart AND mind! Since then, God has been teaching me lots of things and giving me opportunities to share what I know about him with others to answer their questions about faith and Christianity. I am really excited to join RZIM connect! It is certainly humbling to join a community of such excellence, but I feel as if God has given me a hunger for learning about him and a desire to share that with others.
Blessings,
Abby

(SeanO) #2

@AbbyB Welcome to Connect! May you grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus through your time here.

(Jimmy Sellers) #3

Welcome and you will make it even more excellent because of your heart.

(Joshua Spare) #4

Welcome, @AbbyB! I’m excited to have you join our community, and to see how God continues grow all of us through our interactions!

(Melvin Greene) #5

Hi @AbbyB. Welcome to Connect. I’m glad the Lord led you here. I pray that this community will be a blessing to you as it has been to me.

(Keldon Scott) #6

Welcome! Glad to have you along with us. Your youthful perspective is such a blessing for this site. And, your fervor for apologetics is infectious – not only here – but I am sure when you are sharing what you learn. Be encouraged to stay with the podcasts, but also the academy electives. Every elective has been awesome. You will be glad you did. I look forward to reading your posts!

(Stephen Lee) #7

Awesome Abby! So great to hear your story, there’s no doubt that God has placed your hunger and appetite for knowing Him and desire to share with others. That’s a start of a discipleship, in order to be a great mentor and to disciple others, we have to be close to Him daily first, hence your hunger leading you to the place where you need to be. Keep charging! You are inspiring me as well! Thank you!

(John L Howard) #8

What a pleasure to have you and others your age. You are the hope of the future that the Gospel will continue to be spread by those that have Christ in their hearts and minds. God Bless you.

(Abigail Baumgartner) #9

Thank you all! I so look forward to learning alongside each of you!

(Kathleen) #10

Welcome, Abby! Always good to have people of all ages here. I hope this community is a blessing to you as you grow in your knowledge of our great God!

(Carson Weitnauer) #11

Hi @AbbyB,

Welcome! I’m so encouraged to hear that the RZIM podcasts have been helpful to you. As we each gain exposure to the evidence and rationality of Christianity, and how it fulfills our longings for meaning, morality, and purpose, I find that most people have a stronger relationship with God, a greater commitment to his ways, and an eagerness to share this personally experienced good news about Jesus with others. I would be so delighted if the Connect community became a place where you felt you belonged and were growing in your faith. It would be a blessing to learn from you and grow together in Christ.