Introduction: Alastair

(Alastair Flannagan) #1

Hi everyone

My name is Alastair and I live in Swansea, Wales, UK

I have recently completed the core module and was really blessed and enriched through the wealth of teaching it gave. It brought much more clarity to a range of topics for me and has certainly inspired and encouraged me to witness for the Lord, study more and engage with many more fellow believers.

The interaction with other students on the core module was a very important element of its success for me. The testimonies and contributions were both instructive and uplifting. It was also a safe environment in which to sharpen my understanding and presentation of various aspects of our Christian faith.

I have been following RZIM Ministries for a while was delighted to learn about this forum. I look forward to interacting with Christians from across the world, learning together and encouraging one another in our Christain faith and walk with the Lord.

God bless

7 Likes
(SeanO) #2

@Alastair Welcome to Connect! I studied abroad at Swansea University back in my college days and enjoyed everything about it. Enjoyed lots of great meals at Pub on the Pond and many wonderful hikes along the beaches / cliffs punctuated by breaks for some Welsh cakes we had carefully stored away in our packs. Good memories :slight_smile:

Glad to hear how the Lord has worked in your life in the core module and excited to engage with you here on the forms. May you grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus through your time here.

3 Likes
(Carson Weitnauer) #3

Hi @Alastair,

I really appreciate your introduction and am so pleased that you’ve decided to join in! The RZIM Academy’s core module really is terrific. The interaction element is tremendous - it would be a blessing if you bring that same spirit of care and respect into the conversations here. I am excited about believers around the world ‘catching’ that spirit of conversation by reading through the discussions in this community.

Welcome!

3 Likes
(Olivia Davis) #4

Hi Alastair! Thanks for introducing yourself. I’m so glad that the core module was a blessing to you. I remember at first I was very nervous to participate in the online forums, but eventually saw how fruitful they could be. We are very glad you’re here and I look forward to your contributions to our discussions out on the forums!

4 Likes
(joanne) #5

Welcome Alastair. I too completed the Core Module recently. I wonder if we were on the same schedule?

3 Likes
(Alastair Flannagan) #6

Hi @SeanO and thank you for your warm welcome. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in Swansea. The Pub on the Pond is still there and Swansea Bay, Mumbles and the Gower (where I assume you did some of your hikes) are as beautiful as ever.

I learned a great deal from the core module, but also realised that there is much more to learn. Therefore, my prayer is also to grow in the grace and the knowledge of the Lord. That is one reason I’m looking forward to engaging with this great forum.

1 Like
(SeanO) #7

@Alastair Indeed. One thing I really enjoyed about hiking in Wales was that you could hike almost anywhere because people maintained paths through their land. It was such an adventure! May the Lord bless you richly with a spirit of wisdom and revelation in knowledge of Him.

1 Like
(Alastair Flannagan) #8

Thanks also to @CarsonWeitnauer @Olivia_Davis and @jcoolie for your kind welcome.

Joanne, I was on the Core Module that commenced in January so I think we were on the same schedule. I notice from your introduction that you have been doing a lot of study recently so I pray that the Lord will bless you through all you have been learning and as you seek to apply it.

Olivia, I know what you mean about being nervous to participate in the online forums. I tend to be a bit of a reflector, which can often mean I leave it too long before engaging in a discussion (trying to find that ‘perfect’ answer I suppose). This one one of the things I liked about the Core Module as it encouraged me to get involved more and to realise that if I didn’t engage I wouldn’t grow and learn.

3 Likes