Introduction: Albin Siby

(Albin Siby) #1

Hi everyone.

I’m Albin (19), from India.

I’m seeking the Lord to be Saved.

(Warner Joseph Miller) #2

Hey there, Albin! Welcome to Connect my friend. I’m Warner and I’m one of the moderators on here. I give you greetings from Brooklyn, New York City, USA!! I’m glad you found your way here to our “little” worldwide community.

You mentioned that you were “seeking the Lord to be saved”. Can I assume, correctly, that you don’t believe yourself to currently be saved, ie a truster and follower of Jesus Christ, forgiven of sins by the sacrifice of Jesus, etc?

(Albin Siby) #3

Hello. Thanks for the warm welcome.
I like interacting to believers like this.

Actually, I’m an ex-catholic and God awakened me to the knowledge of the truths and everything wrong in the world and what all is to come, eternal life,etc. My family and relatives are all Catholics.
Before that, I just used to live completely wordly with no fear or tragedy to God even though I used to pray to HIM sometimes if I wanted something.
But around the end of last year, God started working in my heart, and so initially, my thought was to get rid of the besetting sins (which I still have) I have to go to heaven. So, I was seeking deliverence, but God showed me that I needed to be Saved and not just be delivered from some sins, even though that’s necessary. And when He started working in me, He also showed me that I need to read the Bible and go to church, etc. And so, I have knowledge about the gospel.

So, I am seeking the Lord to be Saved and God is working in my life, also. He’s been showing me my depravity and the evil in me, etc. But I am struggling with a lot of Pride, unblief, self righteousness, etc and I am not able to submit to God’s Righteousness. My heart is repellent against God like same sides of magnets, pretty much like an untamed wild horse. The natural “God hating heart” is still there. There feels a chasm I’m not able to trust/ yeild to Him, just like John Wesley’s conversion case.

Therefore, I need His Grace. Pls. Pray for me.

God bless you.

(Kathleen) #4

Welcome to Connect, @Albin_Siby! We’re so glad God has brought you to us. :slight_smile: Thank you for sharing a bit of your story of God has been moving in your life. It sounds like He has been teaching you some incredibly valuable (yet incredibly difficult) things!

One way I’d hope to encourage you is that not only do we need to be Saved; we need a Saviour. And that saviour cannot be us; we are incapable. That Saviour is our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the only one who can open the way for us to come back into relationship with the Trinity. So when we are confronted with our pride, self-righteousness, mistrust, and arrogance, we know we have Friend who walks with us and helps us to put those things to death so that we can know God and have true life. You probably already know this, but I know, for myself, that it always helps to be reminded. :wink: You’re not alone, friend!

I will be praying for the battle you are fighting, and pray that God will show you His love for you in a way that drives away that last vestige of rebellion and hatred in your heart! :raised_hands:t3:

(Joseph Benny) #5

Hi Albin,

I am also from India. I was saved when I was 17. Now I am 27. And let me tell you the journey has been awesome! 10 years with the Lord and I am still teary eyed as I think of the time when I first met Him and all that He has shown me through the years.

Regards,
Joseph

PS. I also come from a Catholic family. So hold on to God because He is faithful!

(Albin Siby) #6

Oh great. Which part are you from?
I’m from Ghaziabad, U.P.

Well, Were you saved, the very first time you came to know about HIM?

(Joseph Benny) #7

I am from the South - Cochin, Kerala. It’s really great to know you are knowing Christ being in U.P. !

Yes, I consider being saved the moment I believed in Him and sought after Him to know Him and love Him. I came to know Him reading the bible. I hope that answers your question.

(chandra kishore sardar) #8

Hi Albin! Welcome to the forum. I really appreciate your candour. I am thankful that you are seeking Him. I stayed in India for 6 years before i finally moved to my hometown in Nepal. I stayed in North India and i guess you are not very far away from the place where i stayed in india.
Hoping to learn together here in the forum. Blessings !!!

(Matthew Johnathan) #9

Hi and welcome to the RZIM family!!!

(James) #10

Welcome @Albin_Siby

Hope you find Jesus and his love and mercy.
I’d say read the Bible, focus more on it. All other things will fall in place. He’s good. Trust him. Seek him more and more. A good start would be reading the Bible and some books. If you don’t prefer reading then listening and watch videos should be good too.

I suggest books by C. S. Lewis especially mere christianity and sermons by Paul Washer-- God the Just and the Justifier of wicked and living waters - Ray Comfort: Hell’s best kept secret and videos by give me an answer by cliff k and Ravi zacaharias videos are good start.

The joy of the lord is our strength. I hope you’ll love him more and more… And hope this community will be a blessing to you.

(Albin Siby) #11

Thanks for those words @Demitri

I’ve been reading a lot actually, christian literature, articles, books regarding the topic of salvation.
And also been listening to sermons. I’ve listened to Washer and it was one of his preaching videos that God used to start me to seek HIM.
Lately it’s being hard seeking HIM and it was His Grace that kept me from falling.

And it’s ultimately His Grace that I need, not just to be Saved, but for everything.

Thanks again.
God bless you.

(Bob Beck) #12

I’m glad you are seeking God. Please don’t forget that Salvation is as simple as Romans 19:9,10 - if we confess in our heart Jesus is Lord and believe in our heart God raised him from the dead you will be saved. If you don’t think you can submit to his Lordship can you tell Him you need his grace and can’t make this step in your own strength?

Bob

(Albin Siby) #13

@bobbeck yes, I do need His Grace and I’ve been asking for His Grace.

(chandra kishore sardar) #14

Since you have reading a lot including Bible and articles, I would say please keep doing that and i just want to request you to read the book of Romans as well or you might have been reading it already.
If you were to ask me what does salvation look like for you and who do you credit it for , my response would be - Its solely the work of Jesus christ in me.I have zero contribution towards my salvation. I am saved by faith in Jesus christ and faith in Him is a gift to me by Him. It was Holy spirit that brough me to the place of clarity of where i could see how sinful I was and how holy and merciful He was and all I did was say yes and too would not have been possible without His spirit.
Holy spirit has brought you to the place of clarity and has given you the faith in Jesus christ. Just say Yes.
Hope that helps.

(Albin Siby) #15

Woah! I was just listening to a message, while you commented, which talked the same thing that “Faith is a gift of God” and the things related to it. And just now I read your message. I feel God is telling it to me.

There are still struggles. Like a proud, unbelieving and egotistical heart. Actually, I’ve grown up blaming God for everything bad that happens, and a very bad view against God since my young age. And now when I am coming to the truth, I am not able to change my heart. I hope I’m not making excuses or making something up.

How should I say Yes? I feel powerless to believe/ to completely “Trust and Rest” in Christ and Him alone. Along with my depravity, The spiritual attacks, also are on a high and the enemy is continually looking for a chance to inject his lies and unbelief.

(chandra kishore sardar) #16

When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?” “Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.” Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.” The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.
John 21:15‭-‬17 NIV
I love this passage where converses with Peter. I know many people and learned ones will interpret it differently but there’s something that i would like to share with you through this passage. Jesus asking Peter the same question ‘do you love me ?’ repeatedly was not to say , show me that you love me by taking care of my ship (which is really necessary and comes out automatically out of love) or even teach Him some kinda lesson or whatever but I think Jesus loved this confession of Peter towards Jesus. Peter exaclty knew that he no longer need to trust in his love for Him but rather trust in His love for him.
He knows where and when we have failed or will, yet He calls us holy and clean because He knows our love is weaker and fluctuates yet He calls it real. Godly sorrow is good but it also comes with shame but what matters is where we go with it. Shame exposes what is misplaced and distrusted and He is ready to make it right for you and You’re not a hypocrite when you fail. Father of lies will come and say -’ see you failed again , you will make it boy’ but now you know you just need to run to Him and let Him minister to your heart.
We all fail but after we have fallen what we do with the fall is what really matters to Him. He will make you blameless until the day Jesus comes back. Grace not only forgives us but it changes us. We are unfinished.
Remember this quote from CS Lewis - christians have an advantage over nonchristians ; not by being less fallen than they are nor being less doomed to live in a fallen world but by knowing that he is a fallen man in a fallen world.
Please do listen to this song from Tauren wells - Gods not done with you . https://youtu.be/g6q0OdioJXE
His love for you will forever be the same even in your best days and worst days.