Introduction: Alice Myer

member_introductions

(Alice) #1

Hi everyone … excited to be a part of the RZIM community. I’ve been listening to Ravi and his teammates for years and now my husband and I are signed up to take the core module starting in September. I was raised in a Christian home but came to an understanding of salvation through a summer camp experience. After 10 years in corporate life, my husband and I joined a Christ-centered Adventure camp in the beautiful Hill Country of Texas where we have served for over 22 years now. Part of the joy of serving in this ministry is discipling college students and exposing them to truth found in the pages of scripture. Our hearts are burdened over the challenges faced by our younger generations. We are excited to see how the Lord uses RZIM to expand our view of the big big God we serve and love.

(Melvin Greene) #2

Hi @alicemyer. It’s really great to meet you. I took the Core Module a few years ago. I think you and your husband will enjoy it greatly. Your ministry sounds very exciting. It is greatly needed. I too share your concern for the younger generations. I pray that God will continue to richly bless you and your ministry. I look forward to interacting with you in Connect.

(SeanO) #3

@alicemyer Welcome to Connect! Praise God for your willingness to commit your life to His service and helping young people to know the love and glory of Christ our King. Look forward to hearing from you out on the forums.

(Joshua Spare) #4

Welcome, @alicemyer! I hope you find this community encouraging and uplifting, as I’m certain that your contributions will be excellent! I love your ministry focus on college students - what are some of the most common questions that you are encountering in the ministry?

(Carson Weitnauer) #5

Hi @alicemyer,

Welcome! I feel a kinship; I spent ten years in campus ministry. College students are amazing and spending time with them gives me hope for what God is doing in the next generation. At the same time, there are many challenges and pressures in this stage of life, and it is such a privilege to walk alongside these men and women and show them the beautiful way of Jesus.

One way you can help these students is by letting them know about RZIM Connect. Any question they have, from any subject they study, can be safely asked here. There’s an incredible team of volunteers from around the world in Connect who go the extra mile to pray, to study, and to share good answers to each question asked. They take delight in using their gifts to encourage others who have questions.

(Jean Daniel Slabbert) #6

Welcome @alicemyer!

Reading that you and your husband are enrolled for the Core module makes me excited for you! It was a life-changing experience for me. Engage, ask questions and venture opinions as much as you can! It will accelerate your growth and learning beyond all expectation. It certainly did mine… Enjoy and welcome again.

(Jimmy Sellers) #7

I share the same burden that you have as I have 2 grandchildren that keep me on my knees. I am looking forward to your participation in this great community of like minded believers. almost forgot, welcome.

(Kathleen) #8

Welcome, @alicemyer! So glad you’ve found us here. I also love that you and your husband are serving in the camps ministry. Oh, man, how I miss my camp friends! I didn’t go much as a child, but I worked 2 summers as a counsellor when I was in college, and they were two of the most draining but wonderful summers I ever had. So I am thankful that you are doing what you’re doing! Look forward to seeing you on here soon. Blessings!