Introduction: Amanda Newquist

(Amanda Newquist) #1

Hi everyone,
My name is Amanda and I stumbled upon RZIM Connect while looking for apologetics resources on the RZIM website. I’ve listened to Dr. Zacharias since I was a child and my family would listen to his sermons on the local radio station.

A recent conversation with a colleague prompted me to join this community and learn more about defending my faith with logical answers delivered with love. My colleague is a Universalist and our conversation was about whether or not we are born with evil in our hearts. I wasn’t able to answer her in a coherent way, which revealed that I’m quite weak in this area of my faith.

Another reason I’m here is to learn more about reaching Europeans with the true gospel of Jesus. I travel to Europe frequently with my job and I have close friends in Germany, Austria and Switzerland who want nothing to do with religion. I believe my friends need genuine relationships and honest conversations led by the Holy Spirit.

Although I’ve been a follower of Jesus for many years, I have never studied apologetics and I’m looking forward to learning more from all of you!

Blessings,
Amanda

(Joshua Spare) #2

Welcome to Connect, @Amanda_Newq! I am thrilled to have you along for the conversations here with this community. And I certainly appreciate the heart you have to reach out to both your national and International friends; keep up the great work! I really look forward to hearing more from you as you begin to engage here on the forums. I was searching for a good conversation that might help speak to your conversation with your universalist friend, but I’m haven’t been able to find one at this point. If you are up for it, I would recommend posting your question in the #daily-evangelism category, as I’m sure that the community will have some great insights to offer!

Again, I am thrilled to have you come join the forums here on Connect! Welcome!

(Kathleen) #3

Welcome, @Amanda_Newq! We’re glad you’ve stumbled across us. :blush: I love your heart for Europe, esp. those Germanic regions. I hope to be able to visit there some day. We look forward to your questions and contributions!

(Krystal Kaptain) #4

@Amanda_Newq Welcome aboard! Im pretty new in apologetics as well. I was saved through the Holy Spirit before I knew much of anything of facts and history or even scripture. I am here learning more to help with my street evangelism in Colorado. Im excited that you’re learning for outreach in Europe! There are so many mis-guided people and confused individuals out there seeking Christ but looking in all the wrong places.
God Bless you Amanda and welcome again!

(Warner Joseph Miller) #5

Welcome to Connect, @Amanda_Newq!! Glad to have you here, sister.

(Keldon Scott) #6

Welcome aboard @Amanda_Newq! So good to have you with us. I love your goal being “to learn more about defending my faith with logical answers delivered with love.” I think that you will discover many tools as you connect to reach those goals. God-bless you and your heart. And the forward to reading your posts.

(Andrew Bulin) #7

Universalism is a very interesting and often difficult topic. Perhaps you have a question or two to share?

Welcome and glad to see you here! :slight_smile: