Introduction: Andilina

(Andilina) #1

Hi everyone,

Just saying a formal hello. I’m an alum of the 2011 OCCA summer business program. I used to listen to Ravi Zacharias in the morning on my way to work. The way he spoke and made the logic of God come alive was over-whelming for me. I had no real idea what I was getting into when I applied to OCCA, but, boy, was it ever worth it!!!

I’ve had a few instances to reconnect with RZIM since 2011 and every time I do, it’s like coming to my spiritual home. These people have not only similar beliefs, but similar experiences and relationships with God. I love this! Here, you KNOW God is real. And the beauty of this place is that all questions are fair game. It’s ok to ask the craziest, most difficult, most daring questions and the staff, colleagues, and community not only welcome them, but humbly and honestly attempt to answer ALL of them.

I am not so naive as to say that they (we) will always have an answer or THE answer, but the wonderful thing about this community is that they (we) know the God who has all the answers. God of the universe (and all multi-verses thereof) has all the answers. This is His story (history) and we are all just players in it. When we open our hearts to God, it’s like getting a speaking part in the play. You don’t just want to be in the play, you want to participate in the action. WE GET TO DO THAT!!! We get to participate in God’s award-winning, Oscar-worthy story. How awesome is that!?!?!

Anyway, hello, and thanks for letting me be a part of this community! :smiley:

(Jerry T. Van Aken) #2

Hi Andilina! I am glad to meet someone who has gone through the OCCA.

(Andilina) #3

Hi Jerry! I loved my OCCA experience. It was the first real time in my life I ventured far out of my comfort zone. I’m so glad I did it. What year did you go through the program? Or did you have any questions if you were thinking of doing it?

~Andilina

(Chelsea Casali) #4

Great to meet you Andilina!! Your passion and love for God truly comes across in your words and it is beautiful! Looking forward to engaging more in conversations on here!

(Jerry T. Van Aken) #5

Andilina,
I would love to go to OCCA but figured the cost and saw that was not going to be possible. I figured it would cost about $35,000 a year, plus the cost of being in England. But we all have dreams.

Jerry

(Andilina) #6

I did the summer business program. It was only 6 six weeks, so much cheaper and a much shorter time commitment. It was enough for me to get the experience I needed. It looks like they still offer it. Here’s the link if you haven’t seen it yet.

https://theocca.org/occa-business-programme/

Prayerfully consider it. I’ll tell you, I’ve learned to not only dream, but to open my heart and soul to the leanings of the Lord. It is best to submit your will to the Father and walk through the doors that He opens.

In all honesty, it is the only way I made it to OCCA in the first place. I simply walked through each small door God opened. I continue to do this still today. I don’t push my way in, but I humbly and prayerfully follow in His footsteps. I’m not always good at it and sometimes I complain and gripe about it, but I’ve learned and continue to learn that it is best to simply follow where Christ leads. I know this is easier for some than others, but God really does know best.

I’m simply grateful for this community where we can openly, honestly, and humbly share our experiences, ask questions, and receive heartfelt and thoughtful answers. God bless!

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #7

Hello Andilina (@Aleone1207). It’s nice to meet you. Welcome to Connect! I hope to learn with you further in this community. :slight_smile:

(Sarah Stoddard) #8

Hello and welcome @Aleone1207! I just joined the Connect community myself and I love how fired up everyone is about being a part of this! Your comments on being able to ask any question, no matter how crazy, really hits home. That’s exactly what draws me to these discussions. I have always been a question box (that was my childhood nickname) and I can’t imagine having to just accept a belief that someone else told me simply because it was part of a religion or philosophy. It is unacceptable in various religions and philosophies to question things, which I think it utterly ridiculous. How can we reach truth without asking the right questions? I enjoyed your post and I hope you continue to be curious and inquisitive in your faith! All the best!

Sarah