Introduction: Anthony Ables

(Anthony Ables) #1

Hi everyone,

My name is Anthony, and I have been pursuing God since I was really young. I accepted God’s offer when I was 12, but I didn’t follow through with baptism till I was 16. Between the time I was baptized and my time in college, I was really struggling with how God related to the world. With so many views on how this world works, and going to college and being exposed to more world views, I kept asking myself what is the truth. I went to college to get my degree in mechanical engineering and I really struggled with where did God want me. I wanted the lifestyle that some engineers had, but I also wanted to serve God. During my time at Oklahoma State University I was encouraged to read the Bible and I ran across the verse “No one can serve two masters for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth.” This verse God used to show me what He wanted for me, so since that night I have pursued God’s calling to make disciples. Through this I found the need for apologetics to help students and people with thier questions, as well as for my questions too. RZIM has been a great influence during my time in college and today as I work as a field service engineer and I want to imitate their vision of sharing the good news of Christ with gentleness and respect.

I am looking forward to hearing everyone’s thoughts and ideas, as well as what God is doing in all of your lives.

For His Glory,
Anthony

(Jimmy Sellers) #2

Glad to have you on board. You will find that your story mirrors many of the community members experiences, mine included. This is a great place find support and answers to some really tuff questions. I agree there is a lot of competition for the minds of men. Welcome and I will be looking forward to your comments.

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #3

Hello, Anthony (@Jables) . It’s encouraging to hear about your story. I look forward to learn more with you as well. Welcome to Connect! :slight_smile:

(Kathleen) #4

Welcome, @Jables! Thank you for sharing your story with us. It’s amazing to hear how God used all kinds of ways to bring us to Himself. :slight_smile: Looking forward to seeing you out on the forum!

(Sven Janssens) #5

Hey there and welcome to RZIMCONNECT.
Looking forward to what you have to share.
Bless you very much and have fun too while learning :slight_smile:
(and take time to go through the … tutorial… the bot will get to you … :slight_smile: )

(Lorna Abwonji) #6

@Jables thank you so much for sharing your testimony, Welcome to the community

(Keldon Scott) #7

Welcome aboard @Jables. Glad to have you with us. Thank you for sharing detail. God bless your conversations and endeavors. Having that 1st Peter 3:15 perspective is so encouraging. Participate often, as I am sure that you will offer much to those who read your posts. Already your post has been a blessing to those who have read it.