Introduction: Arvind Shenoy

member_introductions

(Arvind M Shenoy) #1

Hi everyone, I was born in India, and (like Ravi) immigrated to the US many years ago.I have done the Core Module, gone to a 3 RZIM Summer Institutes and now live in Prescott, AZ where I work half-time in the Emergency Department at the local VA Medical Center. I appreciate the invitation from Carson Weitnauer to join the RZIM Connect community and fondly remember first meeting him about 5 yrs ago in Wheaton…I am blessed to read that someone else (Jobina Westman) is also pondering the Lord’s repeated exhortation in John 15 to “abide” in Him…What does it mean to really “abide in Him”…
Blessings,
Arvind Shenoy

(Megan Kemp) #2

Welcome, Arvind! Glad to see you here.

(Melvin Greene) #3

Hi, @arvindjanetshenoy. I’m glad you accepted Carson’s invitation to join us. I’m sure you’ll be edified and blessed. I’ve learned so much since I’ve joined. I too have been studying what it means to be in Christ. I’ve been focusing on Ephesians 1:4. I look forward to your insights as you participate in the various conversation threads.

Mel

(Lisa Copeland) #4

Hi @arvindjanetshenoy

I think it’s great that my Christian Family is so diverse. I enjoy meeting people from all over the world and learning some of their cultural differences :slight_smile:
I wanted to address your question. I don’t know if this is too simple of an answer, but the same chapter tells us how to “abide” in verse 11 “If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in His love.”
So I think we abide when we are obedient. What are your thoughts?
Cheers,
Lisa

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #5

Looking forward to learn with you @arvindjanetshenoy. Welcome to Connect! :slight_smile:

(Carson Weitnauer) #6

Hi Arvind, it is so nice to have you join and meet again an old friend from the Summer Institute! Amazing how we are reconnecting again through this platform. I hope you’ll continue to share your wisdom, your questions, and your presence with us in Connect. I’m glad you’ve joined in!

(Arvind M Shenoy) #7

Hi Carson, thanks for taking the time to respond… hopefully, if the Lord wills, I will be able to set aside some time each week to thoughtfully and prayerfully engage on one of the many topics…

Blessings to you and your family and the others at RZIM…

Arvind

Prescott, AZ

(Tim Ramey) #8

Welcome to the fellowship of believers, @arvindjanetshenoy just a note in regard to your question about abiding, I really like John 15:1-8. I see it as remaining or staying in Him. As the world tosses us around, it is so good to take refuge in Him.