Introduction: Bob Shanks

member_introductions

(Robert Shanks) #1

Hi everyone. I live in Virginia where my wife and I are in the grandparent stage of life. I was seeking ways to be more active in evangelism when the opportunity to take the core module appeared. I look forward to “iron sharpening iron” with the RZIM community.

(Carson Weitnauer) #2

Hi Robert,

Welcome to Connect! I think the grandparent stage of life is an incredible opportunity for the Lord’s work. The opportunities to minister to others in this stage of life, to children, to grandchildren - at least in my family, grandparents are held in high honor and are greatly appreciated. The legacy they have set for what it means to live a life of devotion, character, and service to others is a high bar for me and my generation. I look forward to learning from you as well.

Carson

(Keldon Scott) #3

That is so awesome. Welcome aboard @Gladman1. I, too, am in grandfather stage. What a blessed part of life. Look forward 2 you sharpening. I have my first grandchild, Bennett, who turns 1 on April 15th. How many do you have? Do you feel differently in terms of your role in training your grandchildren up than you did with your own children?

(Melvin Greene) #4

Welcome @Gladman1! It is so great to have you. I too am a grandfather. I have 3 grandkids. They are a lot of fun. So far, my wife and I have been blessed to have them close to us.

(Robert Shanks) #5

We have 3 with a 4th expected in a month or so. The oldest is 10. All
nearby, which is great. With my wife and I involved, the kids get deeper
context and with that, an extra layer of security. Our own kids did not
have that due to parents far away. My prayer is that God’s call to each
will be more powerful than the draw of the world. I am keenly aware of the
harmful distractions and deceptions that await them.
I am teaching an apologetics class at my church which is forcing me to
sharpen my thinking and communicating skills. Hopefully, the grandkids will
get wise grandparents!