Introduction: Bob

(Bob Beck) #1

Hi everyone,

My name is Bob and I live on the east coast of Florida.
So far I have taken the rzim core module and the engaging the
world course. Our two children are both out of college.
I really enjoy a bus stop outreach right now. I’m wondering if
a masters in apologetics is a good idea. Any thoughts?

Bob

(SeanO) #2

@bobbeck Welcome to Connect! May the Lord Jesus strengthen and guide you and your family.

What is your goal in getting an MA in apologetics?

(Keldon Scott) #3

Welcome aboard @bobbeck. Where on the east coast are you? So glad you have engaged the academy. I love both the courses you have taken. I, too, have thought about a masters in apologetics. I am 56 and would love the opportunity, but I wonder sometimes to what end? Sure, I would be engulfed in the study, but would my time be best spent? Each of us has a call certainly. I just provide that perspective for your consideration. That does not mean I won’t some day. I have taken the electives offered, and they are so so rich. I would encourage you to consider, and if you pursue a masters in apologetic I trust the Lord will bless your endeavor and forgive my covet. God bless – let those at the bus stop be blessed by your spirit and be caught by the hound of heaven.

(Bob Beck) #4

Thank you for your response. I want to
be prepared to answer tough questions about the Bible and Christianity, write blogs, and maybe reach out on college campuses. This is something I’m praying about. The degree would be a means to an end.

Bob

(Kathleen) #5

Welcome, @bobbeck! We’re glad you’ve found us here on Connect. I love that you do bus stop apologetics! Just the other day, @Lonnie joined us here, and he’s similarly involved in truck stop evangelism. So glad to have the both of you engaging people in the midst of the everyday. :slight_smile:

(Keldon Scott) #6

Awesome. My best to you. :slight_smile: