Introduction: Carrie Stout

member_introductions

(Carrie Stout) #1

Hi everyone, I am Carrie Stout. I just completed Core Module in April. I am 49, happily married to a great guy. We have four adopted dogs. I have been saved since age 11. I have backslid a few times but am trying to get close to Jesus again. I feel a calling to evangelize and give non/believers a reason to hope. When I’m at church I see some troubling things: lots of people above age 60 and lots of children and teens but hardly anyone from about 20 to 60. I really want to share with my generation and younger how much Jesus loves them. Maybe I can learn from others how to speak to them. I have found the information helpful. Maybe we can learn from each other. God Bless All of You.

(Brittany Bowman) #2

Welcome, @carrielstout. It’s so encouraging to hear of your heart to reach the gap generation. I look forward to learning from you. Perhaps we can brainstorm together!

(Carson Weitnauer) #3

Hi @carrielstout,

Welcome to Connect! Like @Brittany_Bowman1 said, I am encouraged by your desire to engage your generation with the good news of Jesus. What I have found is that participating in the conversations in Connect is steadily teaching me how to have great discussions in general.

As you have questions about how to start a ministry, how to build relationships, what resources to use, how to handle a specific question, prayer requests, etc. we would love to come alongside you and encourage you in the good work you are doing with your church home.

Welcome!

(Carrie Stout) #4

Thanks for the encouragement. I have a friend who is an associate pastor. He said no one volunteered to help do vacation Bible School so they had to cancel it. My church has volunteers for now but I am concerned about the future. I loved Bible school and find myself singing some of the Christian songs I learned then. I just pray that these important traditions won’t be lost.

(Brittany Bowman) #5

I’ve been reading through “Abandoned Faith” by Alex McFarland and Jason Jimenez recently, and it’s spoken to my heart a bit since my home church had a similar situation recently. Our hope is in an omniscient God who is showing us He doesn’t need even the traditions we love most dearly. I know in the end he will bring those who are turning back to Him in an even more magnificent way. And then we’ll celebrate even more because we’ll remember this time of struggle when it didn’t seem like He would. Looking forward to learning more from you, @carrielstout!

(Carrie Stout) #6

I like Alex McFarland. I’ll go look for that book later. Thank you.

(Ethan Thomas) #7

Welcome Carrie!

I have also noticed the overwhelming lack of anything besides bald and white-haired heads (No offense meant to anyone to has either!!) in the pews at Churches these days and feel like we need to work to empower Spirit-filled people from younger generations to change that.

All the best to you, and look forward to seeing you again soon!