Introduction: Cassandra

(Cassandra Mingus ) #1

Hello!

My name is Cassandra. My husband has been bugging me to get on here for a while. I’m doing it, finally. I have a lot of questions that bother me, and I struggle with a few metal health issues that cause me to question everything. I don’t want to have questions anymore, most of all, in this area of my life.
I am 28. I am a believer. I am a wife and mother. I am a student studying 3D arts, with a focus in glass art, specifically stained glass. When I work in my little studio I listen to the RZIM app and Ravi talks and the world melts away.
I have 3 children, My daughter, Victoria, passed away 7 years ago, at 8 hours old. I have a 5 year old son, and a 1 year old son.
I started stained glass as a way to cope with her death, and now want to push it into a way to minister to others, by giving little stained glass pieces to others who have lost babies.
I struggle daily with a lot of things, including unwanted anxiety about death. It has become a terrible problem that I can’t seem to get to go away.
I am slowly trying to turn most aspect of my life toward God. Unliking and unfollowing facebook posts that are not at least neutral, or an intrest of mine. And liking more things that have to do with Christianity and praying. Listening to Christian talks and so forth. I do struggle with reading the Bible, because I hate reading, so thats always been hard for me. I got the Bible on audio but kept falling asleep listening to it, especally Numbers, haha.
Not sure what else to say. I hope this will become a positive influence in my day to day life. Thank you!

(LaTricia J.) #2

Thank you for joining us @SandiDuffy! I deeply appreciate your openness in sharing so much of yourself in your introduction. I do believe that you’ll find Connect to be a great help and extremely supportive. We welcome your questions, input, and presence. So, please jump right on in - you have a plethora of topics that have been posted at your disposal so make use of the search feature and join in on any conversation that interests you. It doesn’t even matter how old the conversation is, new comments are always appreciated.

(Carson Weitnauer) #3

Hi @SandiDuffy,

Welcome. I hope you will feel safe asking your questions and that you will find that the responses are filled with care, Biblical integrity, and a thoughtful approach.

I am so sorry to hear of the untimely loss of your daughter Victoria. Your Father in heaven knows what it is like to lose a child. I trust and believe that he can provide comfort in the midst of your grief.

Also, as a small note of encouragement, I am inspired that you have turned to creating beauty to comfort yourself and others. When I lost a cousin, I had a glass butterfly made for her brother as a reminder of my cousin’s beauty and free spirit. It meant a lot to us that there were talented artists available to lend their talents in a time of heartache.