Introduction: Chandra

member_introductions

(chandra kishore sardar) #1

Hi all ! This is chandra from Nepal. I recently found out this forum that would allow people like us to shoot questions and discuss on different matters. I have always loved apologetics and recently attended one of the special events with Dr. Ravi Zacharias. I understand the cultural differences but I do believe RZIM is well versed with a culture like that of ours to answer the toughest questions of our times. Looking forward to all that RZIM connect has to offer.
Thank you RZIM connect team!!!

(Jimmy Sellers) #2

Welcome to connect. You will have to tell us about Nepal. I am sure that we will learn from each other.

(Lakshmi Mehta) #3

Welcome to Connect. We have some friends from Nepal as our neighbors. They seem to follow a mix of Buddhism and Hinduism. I am curious if you had a similar background. Look forward to learning more from your contributions.

(Keldon Scott) #4

Welcome aboard @chandrakishore all the way from Nepal. This is an awesome World connector site. We’re so glad to have you with us. When you went to the Ravi event what gripped you the most if anything? Look forward to reading your posts. And God bless

(chandra kishore sardar) #5

@Keldon_Scott There were definitley a lot of things that gripped me but the entire message was simply intriguingly engrossing. The four pillars of our christian foundation- pillar of eternity, morality, accountability and charity; as discussed by Ravi was really great and coherent to all the aspects of living a christian life as exhorted by the Bible.

(chandra kishore sardar) #6

@Lakshmismehta wow! Thats awesome. I do share a similar background. I was a devout hindu as a child . I used to wake in the morning when everyone would be still sleeping and then amass flowers and chant the spells like hanuman chalisa and all. But He came to my resuce when our family was draining down with hopelessness.

(chandra kishore sardar) #7

@Jimmy_Sellers why not ! I would love to. Nepal is a beautiful country with a rich heritage. God has been doing a lot of things in this land. He has been moving mightly despite all the political chaos and I love the fact that He loves this nation . I live in kathmandu,which is actually a valley. There are great mountains as well,notably the Mt.Everest.

(Keldon Scott) #8

Ravi has a way of engrossing you with his articulate and clear delivery, along with how he simplifies very deep content. Glad you are enjoying the messages and the site thus far. Stay connected. :slight_smile:

(Lakshmi Mehta) #9

@chandrakishore, That’s amazing how God rescued you from a traditional religious Hindu background. I am sure there must be so much more to that story. I look forward to learning from your experiences.

(Joshua Spare) #10

Welcome, @chandrakishore! I have a particular affinity for Nepal, as I was born there! I am very excited to have you join our community here. As you reflect on Dr. Zacharias’ message and the context in which you live, what are the one or two questions that really stick out in your mind? What are the questions that you have that motivated you to come join this community?

I look forward to hearing lots more from you as you continue to engage with this community! Again, welcome!

(chandra kishore sardar) #11

@jspare Thank you Joshua for the warm welcome. I amazed to know that you were born in Nepal. Were your parents missionaries to Nepal anytime in the past ?
I believe the ‘pillar of eternity’ was sonething that really stuck out of the entire talk for me. Infact, a couple of months back someone had preached in my church that how our life on earth and everything we do becomes nothing but an act of worship when done in light of the eternity. And as i reflect on my life how failures kept on knocking on my door time and time again in my endeavour to join medical school , I can only be left with one thought what is my ultimate good. So actually its been a challenge for me to allign my every being completely to that perspective of life.
I fell in love with apologetics as a 8th grader and ever since I have always wanted to dig deep into it. I believe as a believer , 1 peter 3:15 should have deep implications on my life and I want to have solid biblical and rational explanations as to why I believe the things I believe. And also i dont want to confirm to the unbelievers in their unbelief by my ignorance. And I suppose this is what brings me in this community.

(Joshua Spare) #12

That is an excellent perspective, @chandrakishore! It sounds like you will have a great deal to share with the community, and I am certainly excited to learn more from you and hear more of your story.

Indeed, my parents were there for a number of years in several different places throughout the country!

(Carson Weitnauer) #13

Hi @chandrakishore!

I’m delighted to meet you through Connect. What are the chances we would have a conversation if not for this community? I trust that God can bring us together here to encourage one another, pray for each other, and grow in our walk with Christ. I think you will find the conversations that @Lakshmismehta and @SeanO have had about Hinduism to be a great place to start:

Also, here’s a post by @Daniel that you might also enjoy: