Introduction - Dan Cirone

member_introductions

(Daniel Cirone) #1

Hi Everyone.
My name is Dan and I live in Fair Lawn, New Jersey, USA. I am married to Erika and am the father of my daughter Harper. I serve as the worship leader of Preakness Bible Church in Wayne, NJ. I am very drawn to the nature of apologetics, especially getting into the minds and hearts of nonbelievers. I recently passed the CORE module at the RZIM Academy and am looking for more ways to share the Gospel with those around me.

(Megan Kemp) #2

Hi Dan! Welcome to RZIM Connect! I love the question you asked Vince in the “Ask RZIM” space. I am curious about that as well. Have you read Why Suffering? I cruised through it quite quickly, and it’s one I’ll revisit many times, I expect.

Bless you!

Megan

(Carson Weitnauer) #3

Hi @cironed,

Welcome to Connect! It is always encouraging to meet pastors.

What are the main ways you see your church including apologetics in evangelism and discipleship? What are some resources you wish you had?

(Daniel Cirone) #4

Hi Megan,
I haven’t read it. I’m in the market for a new book, so I think I’ll have to pick it up. Thanks for the suggestion!.

(Daniel Cirone) #5

Hi Carson,
We’ve done a few small group studies on apologetics, defending our faith against some of the other worldviews today. I do wish we had more resources and/or training on how to talk to people, not so much how to discuss doctrine, but just how to interact with people without coming off as “preachy.”

(Carson Weitnauer) #6

Hi Daniel, have you seen Everyday Questions? I think this is exactly what you are looking for. Full disclosure: I co-wrote it!