Introduction: David B

(David Bondar) #1

Hi everyone, I am a student in SFSU and work as a student engineer on campus. I have been raised as a Christian but have struggled with doubt ever since high school. Ravi Zacharias has been tremendously helpful in sustaining my faith but I still struggle with doubt daily. I hope that this platform could help me grow in my faith and become a fervent and vigilant Christian.

(Carson Weitnauer) #2

Hi @bondar,

The testimony of many hundreds of people is that Connect has helped them grow in their walk with the Lord. It all comes down to how you engage in the community. If you ask good questions, carefully read the answers, track down good videos and books that are referenced, study them, ask more questions, etc… then this can be an amazing place to grow in incredible ways. If the destination you want to get to is a strong, confident, prepared faith, then you will have to put in the work to get there.

That said, we welcome hearing from you, discussing your doubts in a respectful and kind way, and engaging in careful, logical, Spirit-filled thinking and reflection with you!

(Kathleen) #3

Welcome to Connect, @bondar! Always wonderful to have university students in the community. Seasons of doubt can be extremely discouraging, but they’re also vital for our faith. I pray that the questions that are in your heart lead you to discover God more fully and intimately. :slight_smile: Do reach out if you’re struggling to understand something. This is a great community to bounce thoughts off of. Blessings to you!