Introduction: David S

member_introductions

(David Schleifer) #1

My warm greetings to everyone,

I will start with this; my Core Module introduction written one year ago,

My thoughts all together, this post to write! It is so scattered with such incompleteness. It should tell of so many thoughts and events, all of which would speak so deeply. But how my focus, with its limitation, will not cooperate with my hope for complete articulation, entirety, for smooth flow of thought and writing! Scattered and incomplete, this is my puzzle-piece attempt.

I have a traumatic brain injury. But I have a wife, a new-born son, a family, friends, a home and a job. I have bones that are reforming, tissue that is reconnecting, a mind that is awakening. There are many details, perspectives, and occurrences to the story of how it all happened, but my account finalizes with the most important aspect and realization of all: God is in control, he is good, he is loving and full of grace and mercy! I ought to be dead, but was allowed to remain alive that I may fervently seek his will. And that is why I am here: to connect my heart and spirit with my mind that I may deepen my relationship with the Lord and that I may be effective in my outreach to others not saved.

Now I must say how thrilled I am that RZIM chose to create Connect. The very thing that I so strongly missed after graduating my courses was the interaction and the entailing encouragement and motivation to witness to others and fight the good fight. Thank you for this!

My long story short is this: I experienced a plane crash that held an immense amount of odds against our survival. I went through physical therapy and a year of cognitive therapy to be now considered ‘medically stable.’ But during that time the realization that God kept me alive for a reason, that he awoke me to my purpose, drove me to seek him with my all. I then found the Core Module, then FSU, then EMW, all of which hugely convicted me and bettered my understanding of how to serve our Lord.

I look forward to speaking with you all, and I hope that we can help each other and learn from one another.

Under His Mercy,
David

P.S. Attached is the photo taken of me and my son, who was born a month after I was released from the hospital. We chose the name, Micah, which means, ‘Who is like God?’ because I have never seen such mercy, grace and love given from any other father but Him!

(SeanO) #2

What an amazing gift God has given you - both in granting you life and a child! May you continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus as you seek His face! Looking forwarding to seeing you out on the forums.

(Melvin Greene) #3

Welcome to RZIM Connect, @reverieforest. You have an incredible story to tell. I’m glad you have decided to be a part of this great community of believers. I hope you are as blessed by it as I am. By the way, I love that picture of you and your son!

(Carson Weitnauer) #4

David, this is so encouraging! We’re so glad to have you as part of the RZIM family. I look forward to the resources you’ll share and the conversations you’ll start. I’m grateful to meet you through this community and look forward to more. Your testimony is very encouraging. The Academy is awesome! Thank you for sharing.