Introduction: Dennis Gladden

(Dennis Gladden) #1

I have been in the RZIM community a while but haven’t introduced myself. I ought to, so here goes.

My wife and I are natives of New England but have been living in Georgia, not far from RZIM’s headquarters, for the past year to be closer to family and grandchildren. I grew up in a Christian home and received Christ when I was 17, more out of desperation and fear than anything else. Through the years Jesus has proved steadfast and faithful, and I can look back with the same comfort as Jacob when he remembered his years with Laban, “God has been with me” (Genesis 31:5).

Along the way I have fallen in love with Jesus. It began when He started impressing on me the beatitude, “Blessed are the pure in heart.” Faithful husbandman that He is, Jesus began digging in the soil of my heart and exposed the ugliness inside. His purity and perfection stood in stark contrast to my sin and it was then that I saw His grace and mercy toward me, and how forgiveness is the spring of love (Luke 7:47). I have come to think that disciples are match makers of sorts. We who love Jesus are to help others fall in love with Him, too.

I have always thought the Christian faith is reasonable and am drawn to RZIM’s ministry, “Helping the thinker believe. Helping the believer think.” Looking forward to the conversations that will develop in this forum.

(SeanO) #2

@dennis.gladden Thanks for the intro and sharing your testimony. I as well have always found Christianity to be more rational than the alternatives, though I have certainly wrestled with doubts and hard questions. May your love for the Lord continue to grow as you gaze upon Christ. See you out on the forums.

(Kathleen) #3

Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself, @dennis.gladden! So good to have you on here. I am also one who is being slowly converted out of fear, and it’s encouraging to hear from others who have been there. Look forward to having you us in the conversations!

(Jimmy Sellers) #4

Welcome. Let me second SeanO thanks for your testimony. It is always a blessing when a fellow believer can share the fact that this a journey and that Jesus is truly with us ever step of the way. I will look forward to your contributions and comments.

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #5

Welcome to Connect, Dennis (@dennis.gladden)! I look forward to learn with you in this community. :slight_smile: