Introduction: Dior de Leon

member_introductions

(Diorella Yu de Leon ) #1

Hi everyone,

My name is Dior de Leon. I am originally from the Philippines but currently living in Taiwan and working as a volunteer for Youth with a mission Taiwan where I am a teacher for the Bible school. I am so excited to be a part of this community!

(Helen Tan) #2

Hi Diorella, welcome to Connect! It’s a really great community where we can share our thoughts and learn from each other. I’m looking forward to hearing from you. What are some of the issues being raised among the youth in Taiwan, where, I think, people are more inclined towards Buddhism and Taoism?

(Carson Weitnauer) #3

Hi @dyordyor,

Welcome! Helen’s great question to you is of interest to me as well. The friends I’ve had in YWAM have been people of great faith and boldness for the Lord; I look forward to your passion inspiring me and others in Connect!

(Diorella Yu de Leon ) #4

Hi Helen and Carson!

Thank you for connecting! I am so excited to be a part of this community.

So what I have found living here’s in taiwan is the young people do not embrace Buddhism and Taoism as much. Most of them say they are one or the either because their parents are Buddhist or Taoist but to them it’s merely a religion, a routine. There is no “personal ownership” of the religion. With that, a lot of them are open to hearing about other religions. The biggest “problem”I would say is accepting jesus as the ONLY God. There are Taiwanese who will say they believe in Jesus but what they mean is they see Jesus as one of the many gods that they can pray to. And this mentality is from Buddhism and Taoism where they have a different God for different purposes.

(Diorella Yu de Leon ) #5

Hi Carson!

Oh wow it’s always nice to have people who know about YWAM. Thanks for the encouragement! And Cheers to you guys in RZIM academy! Sooo happy there is this online courses and community.

(Keldon Scott) #6

Welcome @dyordyor. So glad to have you aboard. It is so very cool to connect with other Christians across the world, especially those who are involved with the academy. I pray blessings on your mission as well as for your safety. Let us know what we can pray for in particular from time to time so that we can come alongside you.