Introduction: Doyle Snead

(Doyle Snead) #1

Hi everyone. I am currently retired. I served over 30 years as a minister in hearing churches and over 19 years as pastor of deaf church. I continue to work as an interpreter for deaf. I am looking forward to the meeting in Atlanta next weekend.

(SeanO) #2

@dosnead Praise the Lord for those with gifts such as yourself who serve those with a need for an interpreter. Welcome to Connect and may the Lord Jesus bless your time here.

(Kathleen) #3

Welcome to Connect, @dosnead! We’re glad you’ve joined us here. :slight_smile: What an amazing lifetime of ministry you’ve had! Was there any particular thing that drew you to pastor a deaf church?

(Doyle Snead) #4

Nothing specific. I was serving as a Min of Youth and Ed in a hearing church with a group of Deaf. I started to learn sign language from the Deaf. When they wanted to become a separate church unto themselves, they called me to become their pastor. It was like God picked me up and said “Here’s your new assignment. Get to work “. I started working with an interpreter agency as an interpreter. I retired in May of 2018 but still active in many ways.