Introduction: Elia Gad, from Germany

(Elia Gad) #1

Hi everyone,

my name is Elia. I am originally from Egypt, a coptic Christian. I do live and work in Munich, Germany since ca. 10 years, happily married to a german wife since 15 years and we both assist voluntary in cross-cultral minstries. As for my career, I do work on tourism and travel a lot around the medeterinean sea and specially the middle east.

I just finished the Core Module in German language and I am excited to continue with the elective courses. Apologetics give me deeper understanding and more assurance in my believe, but also makes me more confident in proactive talking to People, ask questions, and/ or answering theirs. Looking forward for good sharing in this community.

Blessings

(Keldon Scott) #2

Welcome aboard @elia.gad. It is nice to have you with us. So glad that you were able to participate in the core module. Your experiences both in Egypt as well as ministry in Germany will be valuable here. God-bless your journey. I trust that you will bless those here with your experiences and sage. I also believe that you will be blessed by the spirit of those who respond to the questions and engage dialog for mutual benefit of all.

(Kathleen) #3

Welcome, @elia.gad! We’re so glad you’ve joined us on Connect. We hope this community is one that strengthens and encourages you on your journey of faith. Congratulations as well on completing the Core Module! Look forward to seeing you out in the forums. :grin:

(Warner Joseph Miller) #4

Hi there, Elia! Welcome to Connect, brother. Wow…I am (and have been for awhile) so interested in Coptic Christianity. I’ve been intrigued by its “oldness”; it having some of the oldest (if not the oldest) churches still existing in the world. From what I know of it (which admittedly isn’t a whole lot), I also appreciate its geographic roots and traditions. If your willing, I’d love to hear your experience and insights about the church. But in the meantime, welcome, brother. Please make yourself “at home” in this CONNECT community. Blessings! Grace and peace

(Cameron Kufner) #5

Guten Tag, Elia. Willkommen an Bord. Grüß Gott!

(Daniel) #6

Hi Elia, nice to meet you again :slight_smile: I think we joined the core module together.

(Elia Gad) #7

Dear Warner, thanks for your kind reply. Would be my pleasure to tell you more about the Coptic community, where I can. It is indeed a church with great history and has played an important role to keep the purity of the Christian creed and run therefore under great persecutions throughout history, but specially in the first centuries. What would be interesting to you in general? God bless you, Elia