Introduction: Elizabeth

member_introductions

(Elizabeth Goodspeed) #1

Hi everyone!! My name is Elizabeth and I live right in the middle of the United States, in the state of Missouri. I took the core module several years ago. I had watched a You Tube video of Ravi Zacharias explaining to a college student why the Bible is truth. (I was so blown away with the impromptu speech that I wrote it word for word in the inside cover of my Bible. Took me forever since I had to continually start and stop the video. :):smiley: I was so taken by the speech that I searched Ravi on the internet and found the RZIM website. I have been hooked on RZIM ever since.

I currently volunteer at the chapels on a US Military installation. I love it because many of the members of the armed services are away from home for the first time and are trying to figure out this crazy thing called life. As a former school teacher, I know the curriculum in the US requires all religions (to include atheism) to be honored as truth. Many of our young adults are seeking the real truth and have a deep seated knowledge that much of what they have learned in academics do not give an adequate explanation to their “why” questions. I love to try and answer their “why” questions. Having had a near death experience by drowning, I know that I know that I know that the Bible is TRUTH. I was told to return to earth “because there was more for me to do”. I try and draw on my near death experience to show our young adults that Jesus IS the way, the truth, and the light.

This community is such a blessing to me. I hope to be challenged and encouraged by all of you.
Elizabeth
ACTS 20:24

(Jimmy Sellers) #2

Welcome and may God continue to bless your work. This is a great community of like minded believers and I look forward to your comments and contributions.

(Kathleen) #3

Oh wow, @xcwind! What a fascinating story, and what a unique angle you have with which to approach ministry. Am praying for your work and that God would draw you and those you speak to closer to Him each day! Looking forward to seeing you out on the forum.

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #4

Thank you for sharing your life, Elizabeth (@xcwind). Your near death experience is something you could use to share more about the glory of God. I look forward to learn with you here in this community. Welcome to Connect! :slight_smile: