Introduction: Emily McIntosh

(Emily McIntosh) #1

Hello, I finished up the core module in December and am glad to find a community of people here again! I’m from central California, work as a pianist for a choir, and long to go deeper in my walk with God.

(Joshua Spare) #2

Welcome to Connect, @Emily! When you say central California, does that mean central north-south, or central east-west…or both? And in saying central California, are you attempting to avoid the perennial So-Cal, No-Cal debate? :wink: I’m always happy to see artists and musicians along in this community here on Connect, as I do so love the differing perspectives from my highly analytical brain! My wife is an artist and musician, and she is ever so adept at pointing out the other half of the world that I am totally missing!

In any case, welcome to Connect! I certainly hope you will find this community as enjoyable and edifying as I do!

(Keldon Scott) #3

Welcome aboard @Emily. So glad to have you joining us. Thank the Lord for those who can play piano. I play a little bit. I sing in a Barbershop quartet so my piano lessons when I was young is very helpful in plucking out notes. I hope that you enjoy your time here and that the discussions you engage are a blessing. God-bless your journey.

(Kathleen) #4

Welcome, @Emily! So glad you have joined us here on Connect. I love singing in choirs, and I know how crucial a good accompanist is! We pray that this community will be an encouragement to you as you journey along with God. :slight_smile:

(Emily McIntosh) #5

Thank you, Joshua! I mean both. I’m in the San Joaquin valley, between Bakersfield and Fresno, and right up against the Sierra Nevadas. Central Ca is full of farmers, and I prefer to stick my head in the sand and ignore all the politicians who don’t seem to understand life because they’re so detached from the basics of sustaining it.
It sounds like you and your wife must balance each other very well. :slight_smile: What does she play?

(Emily McIntosh) #6

Thank you, @Keldon_Scott!
That’s so fun. Being able to plunk out notes is very helpful. I would love to be able to sing in a quartet! But I might have a chance for something similar, as I did a trial run of a hymn sing where I taught people the four harmonies. They loved it so much I think I’ll do it again. :slight_smile:

(Emily McIntosh) #7

Thank you for the kind words, Kathleen! :slight_smile:

(Keldon Scott) #8

Awesome – keep it up! Love your enthusiasm. :blush:

(Patty Dann) #9

Hi Emily
Welcome to the RZIM community. I’m from California too (a bit north of San Francisco). You’ve found a great place to ask and interact