Introduction: Emily Scates

(Emily Scates) #1

Hi everyone!

I completely stumbled upon this website by accident this morning as I was looking for new ways to evangelize in order to stretch out of my comfort zone. I have heard of RZIM because we had several speakers come to our church to speak on apologetics, Women in the Bible, and more. To say the least, I was blown away and had a thirst for more. So when I saw this link, I thought, “What an amazing opportunity!”
I am a Pastoral Resident at a church in Dallas, so I am in the middle of learning everything, from different areas of ministry to preaching and leading prayer in services. I never saw myself going into ministry, but the Lord will not let me get out, and now just the thought of leaving burdens my heart. God is so good…and He has a sense of humor!
I have so much to learn, I want to be used all I can, and I think it is by no accident I “stumbled” across this website. I am looking forward to meeting many of you. God bless each of you who are already leading by example, “striving and toiling,” just like Paul, to proclaim the Good News. I am excited to see what God brings!

In Christ,
Emily

(SeanO) #2

@Emily_Scates Welcome to Connect! So glad the Lord has led you to serve through ministry and here to Connect. May Christ grant you wisdom as you serve others and conform you to the image of His Son. See you on the forums.

(Keldon Scott) #3

Welcome aboard @Emily_Scates! So glad you stumbled on this as well. This community is Rich with discussion, questions, and reasonable responses. I trust that you will engage as frequently as permitted. Blessings to you as you march forward on this journey.

(Kathleen) #4

Hello, @Emily_Scates, and warmest of welcomes to you! I love that you just happened to stumble by. God loves to do stuff like that in our lives, doesn’t he? :slight_smile: Looking forward to seeing you out on the forums, and blessings to you in your job/studies!

(Warner Joseph Miller) #5

Welcome to Connect, Emily! Man’s arbitrary stumbling is God’s willful sovereignty! :wink:So we’re grateful that the path lead to here and that God’s good will saw fit to guide you to this particular community. Welcome, sister.