Introduction: Eve Pereira

member_introductions

(Eve) #1

Hi everyone I have been here a while now, but have not introduced myself yet.
I live in Cape Town, South Africa. I have done 4 of the RZIM short courses and they have awakened a longing in me that my 40+ year walk with Christ seems to have missed.
We have just had the Festival of Thought here in CT and it was wonderful to see some of the lecturers from our courses in action.
I come from a Pentecostal PK background where questioning was a no no. Only now am I getting the courage to ask questions that have coloured my relationship with God since childhood. Thank you for the way that you answer questions.

(Helen Tan) #2

Hi @evewp, welcome to Connect, where we all ask lots of questions and get amazing responses from people who are knowledgeable and experienced in different fields. So please join in with your questions so we can all learn together. Looking forward to hearing from you!

(Melvin Greene) #3

Thank you for introducing yourself, @evewp. It is a pleasure to have you here. As @Helen_Tan has said, we all ask questions here. There is nothing wrong with having questions. We all seek better understanding, for the more we know God the stronger our faith becomes, and the more we love Him. Welcome to Connect!

(SeanO) #4

@evewp Praise God for His work in your heart and life. May you continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ as you engage with sincere questions and discover at a deeper level that God is indeed the only true source of origin, meaning, morality, destiny and love.

(Megan Kemp) #5

Hi Eve! Welcome, even though you’ve been here a bit. The Festival of Thought looked great. What was the thing that had most impact for you from the event?

I pray you have the freedom and courage to ask tough questions, and I am so glad you’re here.

(Carson Weitnauer) #6

Hi Eve, I’m so glad to meet you! This is an incredible encouraging environment to ask questions! We would love to hear your questions and respectfully dialogue about them together. I love Proverbs 25:2 (ESV):

It is the glory of God to conceal things,
but the glory of kings is to search things out.

Thanks again for joining and saying hello!

(Keldon Scott) #7

@evewp, I hope this reply finds you well. I’m so glad that you chose to introduce yourself. It’s so interesting because I was raised with the notion that one must just believe. But I had so many questions. I am very thankful for rzim and this forum. Please engage frequently. Feel encouraged to ask questions. But, also with your 40 years of faith, sharing your experiences and relationship will be a blessing to many I am sure.

(Eve) #8

I was absolutely fascinated with Michael Ramsden’s talk covering the honour, dignity and victim cultures. I would love to dig into it a lot more.