Introduction: Ezekiel Chang

(Ezekiel Chang) #1

Hi everyone, I am Ezekiel. I came across RZIM on YouTube several months back and I must say it has sparked my interest in apologetics as a discipline. Admittedly I have not seen many of Ravi’s videos but they have made me think of the way I view my faith in light of reason and shaped my perspective a little. I decided to join this community because I often feel repulsed by arguments in the comment sections of social media about God, even though I do believe there is a need to defend Christianity. I have long accepted the idea that there are some aspects of the faith that are just indefensible and that engaging in such debates would only weaken my faith. But seeing a community that believes in apologetics and the defensibility of the faith is very uplifting to me, and it is a pleasure to be part of it.

(SeanO) #2

@Ezekiel_Chang Welcome to Connect! Glad to hear that Ravi has sparked your interest in apologetics. May you grown in the grace and knowledge of Jesus through your time here on the forums and may God grant you wisdom and confidence as you share your faith with those around you.

(Clarice Fong) #3

Hi Ezekiel! Do post some of the issues that you found “indefensible” or at least challenging to defend. Who knows, you may not be the first to have struggled with it! Posing the question also helps others learn from the responses :slight_smile:

Looking forward to hearing from you!

(Jimmy Sellers) #4

I am sure that you will find Connect a place to grow in your faith and just as important your questions and experiences will be used of God to encourage and grow the community. Welcome and God bless your time here.

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #5

Hello @Ezekiel_Chang. I’m happy to read about how it’s uplifting to see a community that believes in apologetics and the defensibility of the faith. Being with like-minded individuals who love the Lord really help us grow and sharpen each other. I look forward to learn with you here. Welcome to Connect! :slight_smile:

(Keldon Scott) #6

Welcome aboard @Ezekiel_Chang. So good to read your enthusiasm. I, like you, had so many questions and didn’t feel comfortable getting into the discussions. Apologetics has been a challenge as well as a blessing to be able to let the Holy Spirit work in discussions where people have legitimate questions that need to have a reasonable response. We are all in this together, and I hope that you participate often.