Introduction: Frank

(Frank Courmier) #1

Hi everyone,

My name is Frank. From Louisiana, USA. Kind of new to RZIM. Just finished the core module and loved it. I’m teaching in my church the Jesus Among Secular Gods series which has gone very well.

(Brittany Bowman) #2

Welcome to Connect, Frank! Praise the Lord for yourbyeart to make Him known. :smiley:

(Keldon Scott) #3

Welcome aboard @fcourmier. What did you love about the core module the best? I really like the class as well. We are very glad that you are here. Would love to hear more about how your class is being impacted. God-bless.

(Frank Courmier) #4

Hi,

I think the best part of the module for me was the lecture on the Trinity. The class was the opportunity to engage people on a different level. Everyone had a good time and brought good questions. Hopefully I answered them well. We are doing the secular gods a second time in a couple of weeks and I am excited because this time 2 atheists from work are signed up. I am praying it will be a good experience for all.

(Keldon Scott) #5

Just said a prayer for your leadership and that the hearts of the two you have coming will be open and receptive, and that the Holy Spirit will move in their lives granting them the peace that makes no sense to others. :blush:

(Jukka Ahonen) #6

Hi Frank,

Glad to see you here, and may God bless the Jesus Among Secular Gods teaching in your church. I am sure it is an important topic, especially in the West.

(Vince Vitale) #7

This was such an encouragement to me, Frank! I am grateful for your ministry and praying for your colleagues!

(Frank Courmier) #8

Wow, hi Vince!

Sorry, I’m a little star struck and excited to get a message from you. My journey with RZIM has been an exciting road culminating in this ministry. I am currently a physician. In undergrad I really struggled with evolution and asked tough questions of my church growing up. The answers left me becoming agnostic. But the last 20 years I wrestled with this problem not willing to walk away from Christ.

Last summer my community began having a public debate over a transgender reading period in the public library designed to have transgender people read books to 5-6 year olds. My current church developed a response that left me with the statement “surely we can do better.”

I began doing research in which I began to pursue as hard as studying for my medical boards. That’s my first encounter with RZIM and heard you speak at University of Penn. Your answer to homosexuality launched me into apologetics with an academic fury. I signed up for your core curriculum as well as listened to well over 100 hours of talks you and others have given. In that pursuit, I discovered Lennox lecture 7 days that decide the world which finally resolved many of my questions of evolution.

This all culminated into a debate in my Sunday School class in which I presented my case for our approach for the first time. People immediately jumped on the presentation which then prompted the teaching of the course as well as an invitation to those atheists I mentioned.

Finally, I would just like to tell you that my own life has been transformed by this. Since my research into this, I have carried the message with greater confidence and even have a great story of a nurse with a degree in evolution being transformed by Jesus right in front of me.

Thank you for your hard work. It certainly has been an inspiration to me and I’m hoping it actually propels my entire church to minister in a radically different way…a way that finally honors the God we know and love.

Frank