Introduction: Frederik Boersema

member_introductions

(Boersema) #1

Hi everyone,

I’m Frederik and live in Amersfoort in the Netherlands with my wife. I work here for IFES and organize Mission Weeks on universities across the Netherlands. I started with this 5 years ago in one city and now more and more cities are getting involved. I train students for this kind of events and also do a lot of speaking. That is also one of the reasons why I did the core module. In this work I also get often difficult questions about faith and stuff. I think this can be a good spot to ask those questions so maybe you can help me find an answer on those questions. And hopefully I can help you further with your questions. If you like to know more about me please ask.

Greetings,
Frederik

(Helen Tan) #2

Hi Frederik, welcome to Connect! You have a wonderful ministry engaging with young minds in the universities where they are often being torn between their faith and secular teachings. I look forward to learning from your experience with them. What would be some key questions they currently have concerning the Christian faith?

(SeanO) #3

Welcome @Frederik! Praise God for the work you do with the students. May the Lord give you power and wisdom as you bring God’s light to people walking through this shadowland of death.

(Carson Weitnauer) #4

Hi @Frederik, welcome! I was with IFES in the United States for seven years, serving with InterVarsity in their campus ministry. I’m grateful for the good work of this organization around the world. It is exciting to hear that you organize mission weeks - I know that is a particular speciality and priority of the RZIM team. They’re about to do a very significant week of events in Cape Town and Stellenbosch in South Africa. We are often doing these on university campuses as well - whether at the University of Berkeley or at schools across the UK. I’m sure you will enjoy your time in Connect - we look forward to learning from you and being a resource for you!

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #5

Hello @Frederik. I praise God to know about your heart for the students. May He indeed continue to equip you for you to be able to serve the students better. Welcome to Connect! :slight_smile:

(Boersema) #6

Hi Helen,

Thank you. I think the most challenging is the indifference for God. Most students don’t really care if there is a God or no God. And also a lot of students are thinking I don’t need God. If it works for you enjoy. They don’t think it’s rational to believe in a God.
And maybe the biggest challenge is that most of the students don’t have contact with christian students. Because christian students are living in their own bubble and don’t really care if other students will find God.

(Helen Tan) #7

Hi @Frederik, thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is sad that indifference is so prevalent among the youth of today. I am encouraged that your ministry is working among them to challenge them to think more deeply about spiritual things. I look forward to hearing more from you in the discussions. God bless!