Introduction hello this is mike

Hello, My name is Mike I surrendered my heart to the Lord 28 years ago. My life as a child was challenging growing up in the inner city during the race riots. Many things took place that made me a prejudiced individual and abuse by others that caused pain and heartache. I lived for the next 30 years or so distant, lonely, full of jealousy and bitterness but functioning in the business world. Carrying all this baggage and having a Catholic back ground avoiding any close relationships outside of wife and family. My wife who was a backslide fundemental christian returned to her roots along with our children. I was not at all interested but much prayer and patience I gave it a chance and began to attend her church. Six months later as I was conducting my business as a distributor I simply asked God if what I was seeing and hearing was real to show me. Almost immediately I began to weep uncontrollably and could not drive. I pulled off the road and wept my way to the cross under a huge oak tree. To sum up the change that I did not even see I a ginger snap became a cream puff. Being a skeptical individual i said nothing to anyone yet my language changed and others saw a difference. About two weeks later a friend of my wife from Church flat out asked if i was saved. I instantly said yes ma’am I am. I had been reading the bible with no one knowing and found that it was speaking to me. God had to get me to slow down so in my opinion he used a hospital stay to do that which is when a calling came to do a work for Him. He filled me with a love for the lost that suprised me. That work took me places, I have never been shown me things I have never seen. My life even with all the trials persecution from family and former friends has been a blessed life. One other thing that has astounded me is God never got a dime before He came into my life. i had nothing but after giving Him tithes and offerings on less income I have more. His wisdom truly does confound the wise. Thank you for your time and may God bless you and shine upon you.

9 Likes

Thank you for sharing your testimony @mgaplus4! Your transformation being so evident to those around you is inspiring.

4 Likes

What an inspiring story. Thanks for sharing that with us all. It never ceases to amaze me how particularly and uniquely God deals with each of us, in a way that perfectly harmonizes with our true needs

3 Likes

God blessyou, thank you for sharing your beautiful testimony with us. It’s wonderful to have you here, welcome :pray:t3: This will be a blessing to many

2 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. I know you are blessed by your experience. I hope that you can walk alongside some of the members here that may still be looking for the connection between the mind and the heart. May God-bless your time here.

Hi, @mgaplus4!

Thanks so much for sharing your story. It’s so sweet to see how the Lord answers prayer - always in a way that draws us closer to him.

I like how you say that you had been reading the Bible in secret and found that it was speaking to you - that’s such a great reminder that when we come with an open mind to discover truth, the Lord will unveil our eyes and hearts.

I like this sentence,

He filled me with a love for the lost that surprised me.

It’s so exciting to see how knowing Jesus gives us new hearts and loves for other people. When we learn how much Jesus loves each of us, it can become like a natural overflow that we want to share with other people. I’m so happy that you walk in that today :slight_smile:

Thanks again for sharing your story. I really enjoyed reading it!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the comments, encouragement, and love. To one and all I pray you will have a joy filled experience trusting in His promises and goodness. Thanks for reminding me of the little things that made such an impact, I did not see at the time. I was ignorant of the things of God when i was saved yet His truth continued to shine through.

if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Romans 9-10
Until I confessed I was unsure of what had happened but after all I could do was tell everyone what joy had taken place in my life.
I was not a piece of silver or a coin my actions led me to a lost condition it was intentional like the prodigal. Yet He welcomed me in with open arms and unconditional love. I am so grateful He still does for all who ask.

3 Likes

Thank you, Mike. It’s great to hear your story and see you still reaching out with the love of Jesus.

1 Like