Introduction: Hi Im Paul Thoroughgood

(Paul Thoroughgood) #1

Hi everyone just joined connect after completing the core module course. I am a 56 years man, Husband of 1 wife of 34 years, 5 adult children and 4 grand children. I have been a follower of Jesus for 40 years, some of these year were spent hot for Christ but sadly quite a few were spent lukewarm as well. About 5 years ago I began searching for a better relationship with Jesus I decided that if Jesus was who he said he was I needed to start taking him a lot more seriously. I began reading a lot more and searching out quality teaching, this lead me to RZIM and ultimately to the Core Module course, I found that a great experience as it answered a lot of questions that I didn’t realise I had.
I am in the process of starting a small group for men and am using the Everyday Questions material from RZIM as a basis for the small group.
I prefer face to face discussion as opposed to online discussion, I’m sure its a bit of a generational thing.
Any way looking forward to the next phase of my life and sharing and learning with the RZIM family.
Blessings and greetings from New Zealand the great little country down here at the bottom of the earth.

Paul

(SeanO) #2

@pt8662 So glad you’ve joined us here on Connect! It’s great to hear that you are taking what you’ve learned and sharing it with others. May Christ grant you wisdom and glory as you seek His face in your own life and fruit as you share His truth and love with others. Look forward to hearing more from you on the forms.

(Brittany Bowman) #3

Welcome! It’s encouraging to hear you have begun to pursue Christ so passionately. I’m sure your family will benefit, as well. There are many here who have implemented the Everyday Questions curriculum, and you may find inspiration as well as be able to share insight from questions raised. Looking forward to hearing from you more here!

(Keldon Scott) #4

Welcome aboard @pt8662. I am 56 as well. Love connecting with the bottom of the world. Just kidding. Glad you were able to participate in the core module. It is so good. I commend the electives as well. Thank you for joining us. I know that in person contact can be much more direct and mutually beneficial but the time spent here is very good. You will be a beneficial addition to this community. Participate as frequently as you’re able. God-bless your journey.

(Kathleen) #5

Welcome to Connect, @pt8662! We’re glad that you’ve joined us here. I, too, prefer face-to-face conversation, but I’ve loved having this community to enrich my face-to-face interactions! May God continue to bless you on your journey, and I hope you’re enjoying the summer! :blush: