Introduction: Hunter Simmons

(Hunter Simmons) #1

Hi everyone, I’m Hunter from Alaska. I’ve been a “Christian” my whole life, but about a year and a half ago I was having a bad day and that night opened my Bible. I was reading and it captured me, and I realized I didn’t Know God or the Bible at all! I was sucked into the religious system of do good and God will reward you and you go to Heaven. I am still new to true Christianity, and I recently graduated High School in May, and am trying to choose a college to attend in January. I have a hunger to learn, seek truth, and get closer to our Savior. I can’t wait to grow with Jesus and everyone on CONNECT!!! :grin:

(Helen Tan) #2

Hi Hunter ! I think that you’re in the right place here given your hunger for the things of God. I have a suggestion and that is to ask away here. There are lots of people here who are mature in the faith and more than willing to share their knowledge and experience so we all can grow together. It’s a great place to navigate life together. Are there some questions/things which you are facing presently? Looking forward to hearing more from you! :))

(Carson Weitnauer) #3

Hi @SeahawksFan14,

I’m going to guess that you are a fan of the Seahawks! Welcome. :slight_smile:

Man, it is so encouraging to hear that reading God’s word transformed your life as you met God! To KNOW God is SO powerful. Keep pressing into the loving arms of your heavenly father through reading and meditating on the Scriptures!

Connect is filled with people who are PASSIONATE to serve Christ. Join in with us and participate regularly - we’ll learn from you, and vice versa.

(Hunter Simmons) #4

Hi Helen! Thanks for reaching out, and sorry it took me a while to respond. The biggest question I’m facing right now is what is the relationship between Christianity and Science, I don’t really have a lot of knowledge about science and I’m not quite sure what to think about there relationship.

(Helen Tan) #5

Hi @SeahawksFan14, thank you for your honesty and readiness to engage in discussion. I am not a scientist either but have read up on the subject matter somewhat so I hope to offer some information for your consideration. However, I do know that Dr John Lennox (who’s associated with RZIM and an eminent scientist from Oxford) is very knowledgeable and I have included below 2 videos of him in discussion on this subject matter:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Hope these help as an introduction to what you’re seeking and will trigger more discussion. Perhaps someone else in Connect will be able to offer more information/advice to help you.

I admire your thirst for truth and pray that God blesses and guides you as you seek His Truth.