Introduction: Ian Mc Ewan

member_introductions

(Ian Mc Ewan ) #1

Hi everyone. My name is Ian Mc Ewan and I’m from Cape Town, South Africa. I’m an electrician by trade and am studying electrical engineering, but feel like I should be doing more for the Kingdom of God - for His glory, as He reveals His purpose for my life. I stumbled across this site while listening to a podcast featuring Mr Ravi Zacharias. I want to, among other things, learn to defend the faith with love and grace, and by what I’ve read thus far, I think I’ve found the right place. It’s an honour to be with you all, and I look forward to learning and sharing with you for the glory of God.

(Jimmy Sellers) #2

Welcome to connect. I am sure you will find that you will both learn and contribute to this wonderful communtiy. Also there are several folks from South Africa on this forum. I am sure they will be introducing themselves shortly.

(SeanO) #3

@Peter Greetings and Welcome! My undergrad is in electrical engineering as well. It is encouraging to hear of your desire to serve Christ and I am sure that as you seek Him others are being touched by your life. May the love of Jesus our Savior fill your heart and His Spirit guide your steps. See you out on the forums.

(Kathleen) #4

Welcome, Ian! I have a good friend who lives in Cape Town and he’s always telling me what a glorious place it is. You can let me know if he is exaggerating. :wink: We’re so glad you found this community, and we look forward to having you as a part of the conversation!

(Ian Mc Ewan ) #5

Thank you for the welcome @Jimmy_Sellers . I look forward to it all.

(Ian Mc Ewan ) #6

@SeanO Thank you for the welcome and those kind words of encouragement. I hope to impact many more lives on my journey with Jesus Christ. God bless you. See you out there.

(Ian Mc Ewan ) #7

@KMac Thank you thank you for the welcome. “… a glorious place…” you say? haha. Not necessarily the way I would describe it. I think it depends where you’re visiting from. It definitely is a great holiday destination, what with all the beaches, mountains etc, among other tourist attractions. You should visit some time and see for yourself. I’m happy to be a part of this community. God bless you.

(Carson Weitnauer) #8

Hi @Peter, you’ve identified the heart of RZIM Connect: “learn to defend the faith with love and grace” - I don’t know if I could have put it better myself! It is an honor to have you join the community and I look forward to learning from you.

Here’s what I find: if I hang out with people who love TV shows, I start watching more TV shows. If I hang out with people who love exercise, I exercise more. Likewise, if you spend more time engaging in conversations in Connect, you’ll probably find yourself loving God and loving evangelism more.

I’d love to see discussions you start in the #daily-evangelism area as you have insights and questions from Ravi’s podcasts and other RZIM resources!

(Ian Mc Ewan ) #9

Thank you @CarsonWeitnauer for the welcome message, and thanx for the tip as well. It makes perfect sense.

I’m getting more and more excited about this community. God bless you!

(Jean Daniel Slabbert) #10

Welcome @Peter!
Great to see another South African on the connect platform. I’m sure there are more, but you’re the first I’ve seen. I’m excited about growing with you.

(Ian Mc Ewan ) #11

Thank you for the welcome message @Jean. I was told there were more South Africans in this community. It’s a pleasure to meet you. You’ve got an amazing story. Our God is awesome. I too am excited to grow with you. God bless you.