Introduction: I'm Dave from Canada

(David La Rose) #1

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to say hello from Corner Brook, Newfoundland. I’m excited about this platform for connecting and conversing with all of you. I came to Christ in 2013 in a small group that met in my apartment at the time. There’s a link to my testimony in my profile, but I’ve been so grateful for the ministry of apologetics delivered through RZIM. As a former atheist/new-ager, having content available to help clarify the truth claims of the gospel has been instrumental in helping me grow in faith and communicate it well to others.

I work full time as a marketer for a small group of automotive dealerships and am currently working my way through the last few books on the RZIM recommended reading list. While I’d quite like to seek more formal education at the master’s level, my life between church, marriage, and career is quite busy; and I don’t even have children yet! In the meantime, the Academy courses have offered me some excellent teaching which I’ve been able to apply in my workplace and in some of the small groups I lead.

The outdoors here is so accessible, it’s a shame not to take advantage of it. I spend much of my time during the summer months in the woods on mountain bike.

If anyone ever plans a trip to the West Coast of Newfoundland, please send me a message and I’d be happy to set up accommodations and show you around, or at least point you in the right direction!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone a little more and the fruit that these forums will bear!

(SeanO) #2

@David_La_Rose Welcome to Connect brother! Such an encouragement to hear how Jesus called you out of darkness and into His marvelous light. May you grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus through your time here on the forms :slight_smile: